Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A HA!

So THAT explains it!

I got a call today that explains a LOT.

My OB's office called to say that I do not have gestational diabetes (which is not a surprise), but that I DO have anemia!

Woo hoo!

Now, lest you misunderstand my excitement, lemme 'splain.

For the vast majority of this pregnancy, I have felt like a super lazy louse. (Not that lice are lazy. In fact, they are pretty active parasites, if you ask me, but I liked the alliteration.)

Now, Mom, before you go Googling your way over to the March of Dimes' website on pregnancy anemia, there is nothing to worry about. Over half of all pregnant women get anemia. I just have to take an iron supplement to, um, supplement the iron I already get in my prenatal vitamins and diet. No biggie deal.

I'm just so glad to know that there is a better reason for my lethargy than "but you're growing a human" because I know tons of women who grow one, two, or more humans, and aren't nearly as lazy as me!

And I'm going to run right out and get said iron supplement.

Right after I take my nap.

'nighty night!

2 comments:

  1. I had anemia with Bean! Right about where you are gestation-wise, too. It was a downright WEIRD feeling. You will be amazed at how much better you'll feel after a few days on the supplements. I'm glad you found it - it's an easy fix.

    Hugs - M

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wasn't anemic, but man, was i lazy!! i wish they had said i was.

    ReplyDelete