If you look at it like "Hmm, I've got 27 weeks in me, and 13 weeks to go..." that means I'VE HIT MY THIRD TRIMESTER!!!! Gah!!
(where did the time go?)
(wasn't I supposed to have a rockin', energy-filled, food-filled, glowing, blossoming "second trimester" in there somewhere?)
The math confuses me, I must admit. Normally, I'm pretty good at math. I even like Differential Equations from Calculus. Heck, I even liked Calculus. (Nerd!) But Pregnancy Math? Those OB/GYNs must not have liked Calculus very much. Or Algebra. Or even 4th grade math! Somehow, last week I was somewhere like 5 months along, and now I'm 7 months along? I just don't get it.
(sigh)
It really ratchets up the pressure, though.
Pressure, schmessure. I'm relaxed. I watch my belly for entertainment (because there's still nothing good on the stinkin' boob-toob). I nap.
I don't know all the places that I'm gaining weight, but I have noticed a "thickening" around my neck and my underarms of all places! (and my back got "thick" months ago) I don't know about my hips and thighs...mostly because I can't really see them anymore. I don't think my ankles are getting swollen, but, again, I can't see them. :o)
I don't appear to have any stretch marks yet, but I'm sure I will. What you see below are pajama wrinkles. :o)

I've still got an "innie" belly button...sort of! It's getting much much flatter...which is nice, because now I can really get in there and clean! In fact, I found a Duran Duran pin that I lost back in 1988. I'm going to put it on eBay and fund my child's education.
The Yipper is still moving and squirming like a champ. I don't know that she's kicking me in the ribs, yet, but she does move so quickly sometimes, and so...I don't know...completely (as in, not just a kick, but her complete body) that it catches my breath. I'm getting more used to it, but it still makes me laugh to watch my belly warp and move completely independent of my own brain. It's like there's an alien in there!
Here's a side shot -- looks kinda pokey-outey in the front, eh?
I've still got The Nose. The Pregnancy Nose. Where you can smell anything out of the ordinary. I still can't feed my poor, starving, unloved (Alley Phat) her beloved soft food because I just. can't. stand. the. wretched. smell. And I can still smell that Dave has scooped the cat litter about 30 minutes later. Oh, and I can even smell when he's got the iron turned on. How weird is that?
And I'm slowly, ever so slowly adding things back into my diet. I successfully at chili yesterday. The last time I ate chili was way back in October, and, well, there was some un-pretty, un-ladylike activity that went on in the 20 feet between the recliner and the toilet. So I was a little nervous yesterday. But it was a success! Yay for chili! And I'm eating some chocolate. Not much. Maybe one or two bite sized pieces during the day. But mostly I'm still eating the safe foods I've been eating for the last 4 months (or is it 3? Or is it 5? Still confused.)
As you can see below, over the last month, my girth has increased by 1.5 inches, and I'm 35" around. If I'd measured last night, it would have been bigger. :o)
As you can see below, over the last month, my girth has increased by 1.5 inches, and I'm 35" around. If I'd measured last night, it would have been bigger. :o)
I've been out buying baby clothes (and shoes! Such cute shoes!) Not a lot of clothes, but, well, enough that my child will never have to go naked! We have the crib, and when my dad, step-mom and brother come to visit this weekend (Yay!), The Men are going to put it together, while Jen and I shop. (I'm thinking of hiding the instructions just to kick up the fun a notch...whaddayathink?)I plan on registering soon, but I'm going to have to ask the Internets for some maternal guidance before I do that. Like wipe-warmers or no? Diaper GenieII or Diaper Champ? Oh, so many questions I will ask one day this week.
And my sleep patterns? They suck. Well, okay. That's not fair. The word "pattern" implies repetition, and expectancy, and reliability. When it comes to me and sleep, there is no such thing.
Anyway, here's my "widest point" shot. It's measuring 36.5", but the camera was falling over, so it should look more like 37". I think last month, I was at 35", so there's growth there, too.
Other than that, all is well. We are going to visit the hospital soon, and we start our birthing class in a few weeks. Big fun, eh? That there's the latest! Have a great week.
1. yes, pregnancy math is strange. i never quite understood it.
ReplyDelete2. you may not get stretch marks. as huge as i got, i never got any, thankfully.
3. we've been in cold ohio, and haven't needed wipe warmers. i've heard they don't really do that great of a job.
4. we have the diaper genie II and love it. i haven't used anything else, but it definitely does the job.
5. can't believe how fast your pregnancy has gone by! it's almost over!!
Hey! It looks like you have a baby growing in there or somethin!
ReplyDelete:-)
It's about time it looked like that! :o)
ReplyDelete