So, late on a Friday night, here are some things for which I am thankful this week:
- Miele Vacuum: We were given this wonderful vacuum when some friends of ours moved back to America, and I just love it! Is it wrong to love your vacuum cleaner? Are there proverbs relating to loving your vacuum cleaner?
- Victorian Airer: This little gem is a dream! When we first found the house, I thought it was one of those racks that fancy cooks use to hang their pots and pans on, but I was respectfully enlightened to its real use! There are 4 rails held together by an iron rack suspended from the kitchen ceiling by pulleys, and it is in front of the stove/oven so that when you hang your wet clothes or linens on it, the heat from the cooker will dry them! I love it!
- Squidgy: this is a British word that I like. It very aptly describes Alley Phat's belly...well, it aptly describes most of her, not just her belly!
- Café Melacino: Okay, I admit it...I've crossed over the line. The line that separates the Can's from the Cannot's. Those who can resist Starbucks from those who cannot. Of late, I have become one of the Cannot's. They have a lovely drink called a Café Mocha, and it costs about £2.75 ($5.50) for a tall. I think they taste dreamy...especially on dreary British days. However, I just hate the fact that I'm spending a lot of money on hot milk and a shot of coffee!! So, one day, after about 3 months of thinking about it (never one to jump in!), I decided to try to make my own! And it turned out very dreamy! Especially considering it's nearly free! (It's definitely better than non-Starbuck's imitations, and almost as good as Starbucks!) And since it's so dreamy, I wanted to share it's dreaminess with all of you!! Here's the recipe for Café Melacino: One packet hot chocolate mix + one spoonful of instant coffee + hot water + 3 large marshmallows (or lots and lots of whipped cream). Mix together and enjoy!! If you don't do instant coffee, you can put the hot chocolate powder in the bottom of your cup before you pour your brewed coffee in, and then add the marshmallows or whipped cream. Stir and enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment