Monday, February 5, 2007

Dramaaaaatic Change!!

Reese, Cameron, Uma, Renee, Melissa. I now count myself among those that have done it. Those that have made a decision. Made a commitment. Thought about something and did it. For the betterment of all humankind.

This Saturday I did something I've been thinking of doing since August. Never one to jump lightly into a decision of this magnitude, I had to weigh the options, consult the experts, take a "test drive", muster up the courage, and tiptoe into the salon and whisper to the hairstylist these famous last words: "Make me a brunette."



See, I've always been a blonde. Since birth. Toe-headed, even. In recent years, it's gotten slightly darker, but never so much so to be called brown. I've never done anything this dramatic to my hair (perms, yes. color, no.) My entire wardrobe is based upon "what goes with blonde?" (lots of stuff). I'm used to not finding long brown hairs in the shower drain, or on the floor. So why do it now? Maybe to cover the little-bitty gray hairs cropping up around my ears? Maybe just for a change of pace since there have been so darn many other changes in my life of late and this, this I can control? Maybe it was seeing my twin, Uma, as a brunette (again) in "My Super Ex-Girlfriend"? Who knows why girls change their hair!

In hairstylist logic, though, they had to add extra red to cover the blonde to make it brunette. I don't get that. Therefore, my hair is redder than I would like. Angela says that the first week doesn't really count, and that I'll love it by the second week. Ang is very smart. I trust her on this one.

It's definitely a shocker, but so far I like it...and, I admit, the comment about "for the betterment of humankind" may have been a little over the top...

4 comments:

  1. That is Uma-like to a SCARY level... awesome! And have you seen "Prime" yet -- she again looks like you on the movie poster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great! changing hair color is no biggie after the first time. this coming from a person who has hair-color ADD. i was super-blond in college, and now i'm super-auburn red/brunette. i'm more comfortable dark haired, i think. i haven't seen my natural hair color since late high school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, My niece is living on the edge. Being a neanderthall, I still like the blond, but I'm cool with what ever you do.

    Glad to hear from you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the compliments, everyone! (via email and on Blogger). I'm getting used to it, and liking the change more each day. I don't know that I want to be a brunette for the rest of my life, or what I'll do next, but I'm glad to know that it wasn't a mistake! :o)

    ReplyDelete