Thursday, February 1, 2007

Grateful Fridays

This week has been quick-like!

Here's what I'm grateful for this week:

  • Millimeters: can you see the welling knot to the right of my eye? (actually to the left of the real thing, but it's camera-magic) Thursday I head-butted the corner of a shelf at work, and had it not been for a millimeter or two, I would likely have been visiting a British eye doctor that night! Instead I just get to post a pic of my unruly eyebrows and a lump on my brow!
  • Bananas: normally, I'm not a big fan -- it goes back to junior high when on an all-night church "lock in" I had to eat a large quantity of bananas in order to win a competition...and, well, champions often pay a price for victory! But, today, I am grateful for bananas because I read this week that they are good to eat if you have trouble sleeping (which I have since quitting work)...and this week I've eaten a banana every night right before bed, and have slept like a sweet baby! Yay!
  • Spring-time: My snowdrops have already bloomed, and the crocuses are coming up now! Pictures to come soon. I love spring! LOVE spring!
  • Safe travels: Dave has safely returned to my side of the planet. He had fun excursions...including 2 presentations on Tuesday when he thought he was presenting on Thursday (shock!), and an up-and-back trip to the Grand Canyon (but it was cloudy). He spent some good time with my mom in Phoenix (she lets him eat whatever he wants!) And he had a good time and great conversations with idols and contemporaries. I think the thing he loves most about conferences is that you never have to "close the hanger doors" -- everyone is talking shop all. night. long. zzzzzz. :o)
  • Fat Kitties: with The Papa gone, the Kitties have to get all their human affection from me! They keep me warm at night, and wake me up in the morning with the incessant "I'm staaaaarrrrvinggggg" meows. :o)

Well, have a great weekend! ~M.

No comments:

Post a Comment