Saturday, January 6, 2007

The Rain...

Of course I have to do at least one post on the rain in England!

Honestly, the weather this fall has been pretty mild (usually low 50s). We had a few really cold days before Christmas (The Fog that covered this island was much better than the blizzards that blanketed some of the US!), but for the most part, it's just me that thinks it is bitterly cold here! For instance, it's not unusual to find me dressed in 2 or 3 layers just walking around the house! :o)

For those of you that haven't been here, Dave and I live about a mile from the Guildford Town Centre (=downtown), so we usually walk when we go. Today we decided to walk downtown, even though they were predicting rain. So, sure enough, it started raining about 30 minutes after we got downtown, and I would bet that only 10% of the people were carrying umbrellas! Some wore hats, but most just went au naturale!

I do want to give the Brits kudos, though, because the baby carriages seem to come with little clear plastic covers to cover the entire buggy when it's raining! I think that's great! :o) Maybe they have those in the US, too, but I've never seen them.

I'm not complaining about the rain - I'm thankful for it because I know what a difference it makes in the spring and summer...especially since they are reporting that 2007 is going to be the hottest year on record! Woo hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment