Mookie cracks me up. A hundred times a day I'm giggling at my sweet child. God is so good to have blessed me with this child.
Below you will find a video. I don't quite know how to explain this video. :o)
First, you'll see a 16-month-old baby wearing Mama's coat. She loves to wear my coat. She'll walk around the house with the sleeves around her neck till I roll them up and put the coat on her. She does this all the time. 16-months seems a bit young to be wearing Mama's clothes, but, hey, I can share. :o) A neighbor said she looked like a Harry Potter character. Hee hee.
Second, as you listen to the dialogue, you'll hear me ask her a question, and she says something that I love love love. It is, without a doubt, the absolutely, positively CUTEST thing any child in the history of the world has ever said. And I'm not exaggerating. Not one bit.
So, sit back, call your friends over, turn the volume up, and enjoy!
See, last week, out of the blue, Mookie started to answer my questions. Some questions. They had to be worded right, and have an affirmative answer.
And she would answer.
With enthusiasm and authority.
Mama: Do you want more grapes?
Mookie: YES!
Mama: Would you like to go up the street to see your friend?
Mookie: YES!
Mama: Are you ready to go home and eat dinner?
Mookie: YES! (waving bye-bye as she walks away)
Mama: Are you the cutest thing ever?
Mookie: YES!
She (and you) R da best!! I miss you guys -- even though I get ta talk to ya every day. See ya soon :) Love, Mookie's Papa
ReplyDeleteYES! Hey, she knows who she is, right? :) I love that she wears your coat and that juice drinking was really cute, too.
ReplyDeleteShe is just precious! How in the world did you get her to say "yes?" Way to go! My toddlers have always been big on "no" even if they most definitely mean "yes!"
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I love, love, love your Christmas tree of blessings idea! Thank you for sharing!
Adorable! Isn't this age great? :-)
ReplyDelete