Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Trump "Beach"

I'll be honest. If I were Donald Trump, and I built a gazillion dollar golf course in Rancho Palos Verdes, California, where the land value is about $1000 per square inch, I wouldn't spend any money on a "public" beach, either!





See, there's the Trump Golf Course near us. And the developers were kind enough to leave access to the ocean for public use. They were less-than-kind, however, in the accessibility of the access. See, in order to get to the public "beach", one must hold onto a runaway stroller walk down a long, windy, narrow, rocky path. And when you get to the "beach", you see there isn't much sand. But rather, large rocks.



And tiny, little tide pools filled with various forms of miniature sea life.



Mookie was less interested in the sea life than in the sea "wotts". Oh, how she loved the rocks. Picking them up, dropping them in the knee-high water, picking more up, eating them, showing them to Mama, etc.



Something tells me I've created more of a geologist than a biologist. Dangit.








It really is beautiful down there, and I'm ashamed that this is the first time we've been. I will say, however, that we'll be going back. And maybe next time, we'll pay attention to the tides, and have a bit more luck finding starfish and other sea life in the tide pools like Grant and Kelly seem to find.

And one, sweet rock that I found for my honey...♥...



And, next time, I'll be taking a stroller-pusher with me! The hill coming back up is BRUTAL!!

3 comments:

  1. don't know if it makes a difference, but when we find starfish, it's at white point, not trump. i've never NOT seen starfish at white point. and at least the way down there is paved...still steep, but paved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did see one starfish, lots of sea anemones, snails, hermit crabs, and even living barnacles. There was plenty to see, but Mookie loved the rocks most. :o)

    ReplyDelete