So, Saturday, there was a Fall Festival...and do you think I would pass up this great opportunity to show off my favorite little duckling?? Heck, No! What kind of a mother do you think I am?
And she got all ducked out, and she had fun. We were only there for about 45 minutes, but she. had. fun.
First, I have evidence that she knows how to be a true duckling. I apologize that I'm a video-idiot...a vidiot. I tried to edit the video, but then it was distorted, and just not as cute...so, I'm sorry, but to get the full effect, you'll have to cock your head to the left for 12 seconds. Oh, and be sure to turn the volume up. :o)
She got to pet a goat. (the others seemed a bit frightened by this huge duck approaching them.)
She got to ride the train. (and held on very very very tightly to Mama's hand the entire time)
She played in the toddler-friendly bouncy area...for about 2 seconds, then wanted out.
Then she tackled me. (and got up first)
(but isn't that the cutest duckie rumpus ever to be had?) (No need to answer that, I know it already!)
She spied some friends from up the street.
As we were leaving (read: Mama took off the costume), we noticed more animals at the petting cages, so we went back.
She got to pet the super-soft bunny rabbit.
And she got to pet the donkey (again, with the death-grip on Mama's finger...)
And, then she got confident, and had to let go of Mama's hand to offer the donkey a blade of grass. Which, thank you Miss Donkey, she ate.
And, she fell asleep in the 4 minute ride home. Duckered out, she was.
Happy Costume-wearing Week!








So cute! Love it.
ReplyDeleteI love the costume! I'm now pushing 800 meaningless drivel posts, so I sympathize. And I admit, that picture of her with her uncle _does_ look like you, but I see daddy in her eyes.
ReplyDeleteOh gosh, she is just the cutest! And the costume is perfect!
ReplyDelete