Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I Promise, She's Mine!

I look at my child a million times a day, and see myself. Other people look at her (that know Dave) and say how much she looks like him.

I don't see it.

Also, I don't have any baby pictures of him.

But neither do the people who say she looks like him, so, I guess we're even.

But in my defense, I would like to prove to the world that my little sweet munchkin really IS the spitting image of me.

Behold, On your left, you will find a photo taken sometime in late 1972, which contains a young Rob and a 10-month old Melissa.  And on your right, a photo taken in 2009, with Uncle Rob, and a 10-month old Mookie.




See the resemblance? See it? Right there? Yup, she's my child. :o)

(Uncle Rob still has that boyish grin, and, dare I say, a bit more hair back when he was 4??)

Hope you have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. That is fantastic! I love those photos! I know exactly what you mean about determining who the baby looks like. Depending on who you ask, I get either "he's just like his mama" or "he's all daddy." Though since we're both brunettes and have a very blonde son, we do get lots of questions. (the answer is my husband is mostly Swedish and all the boys in his family are blonde until they hit about age 6 and then go brunette, go figure).

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHMYWORD. Did you spit that child out or what?! That's amazing! :) Hope y'all are getting along okay - been thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete