Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pop Quiz

Today in Mookieland, we're having a pop quiz! Are you ready for it? Here we go:

1. Baby has:
Please pick the most correct answer of the following choices:
(a) a tooth
(b) rolled under the bed
(c) a cold
(d) none of the above
(e) a and c
(f) a, b, and c
(g) all of the above
(didn't you just hate it when an instructor did that on a quiz or test? sheesh!)

2. Mama has:
Please pick the most correct answer of the following choices:

(a) flour on her jeans
(b) a cold
(c) a dirty kitchen
(d) not seen an ant in her kitchen in almost a whole day
(e) a napping baby
(f) all of the above
(g) none of the above

Okay! Let's see how you did!

Did you answer F to both questions? Then you get 100%!! Yay!

Here are a few descriptive photos:
I'm making Raspberry Almond bars for my Moms group tomorrow.
I really don't like to cook. REALLY! I find very little enjoyment in the whole process.
I like the results... :o)
See the lovely green blanket on the floor on the right?
See the baby under the bed on the left?
Said baby was in the middle of the blanket when I went around the corner to use the bathroom.
I promise I wasn't gone that long!
I think she would have rolled all the way down the hall if the bed hadn't stopped her!

I'm working on getting a good Halloween photo of Mookie. Most are almost good enough.
I'm not done trying!

So, yes, in summary. Mookie's first tooth busted through late Saturday morning. We were manning our booth at the base yard sale, and she was kinda fussy, and then she got REALLY REALLY fussy. So fussy that a lady manning a booth across the way came over and asked if she could do anything to help! I didn't realize Mookie was cutting her fist tooth, I thought she was just really tired. :-( Poor kid! Later in the day, she put my finger in her mouth, and I felt the sharp-roughness of her first little toofer. And, yes, I have noticed it when she's nursing -- but only if she doesn't unlatch right. When she's nursing, it's fine.

And we both have colds. Hers isn't as bad as mine, thank God!! She does not like The Mama to come at her little piggie snout with a Kleenex. It started out for me on Friday, and then I noticed that she was extra snotty on Sunday morning. I don't want to jinx it, but I do think we are both getting better.

And we still do have ants, but I think maybe I've saturated their entrance point with enough chemical goop to stop them from coming back? I found some gel stuff in a syringe, and you squirt it at the baseboards behind the appliances. I thought that might be safe because Mookie doesn't get behind the appliances. (at least there aren't any she can roll under!) :o) And the first evening I did that, I saw a bunch of ants on the kitchen counter, but when I looked at where I had squirted the gel, it was completed covered with dead ant carcasses. I tried sprinkling Borax around the foundation of the house like embee suggested, but these California ants must be tougher than the rest because they just walked over it like it was nothing new. I even tried wetting it down, thinking it needed to be wet to affect them...but, no. So...that's all to say that I dream of ants in my sleep now, and I'm really really hoping for a break in this still hot weather so maybe they'll go away for a while!

And I am making some more of the Pacifinders. I don't know that I'll open an Etsy shop or if I'll just be lazy and only offer them to folks that either read my blog and/or know me personally. One reason I don't want to put them on Etsy is because I don't know how much to charge. The cost isn't that high...but I'm not the best seamstress, so it takes me longer than it would take most people. (I'm ssslllooowww.)

Here's my latest one. I like it a lot more in person than in this picture, though!
Oh, Lanna. I did extend the pacifier ribbon, it's now 6" on each side...but I think I'm going to go for 8" next time.
By the way, I nosed around at Target the other day, and I do believe that this Pacifinder will safely and securely hold every kind of pacifier on the market. It will even hold the MAM pacifiers if you buy the little loop attachment (the Target brand works). It will also hold the Soothie pacifiers if you thread the ribbon through the teeny little holes and tie it on the other side.
And since this Mama doesn't like to have one thing do only one thing, here are some other ideas for the Pacifinder...it could be used to hold a teething ring (or Mama's pretty green bracelet that Baby likes to gnaw on...ahem). It could be used to hold just to snuggle with at night or naptime. It can be tied onto the carseat or stroller so the baby can't fling it out onto the floor as you are racing through the airport (or mall).
Uh oh, she's chirping. Gotta go! Hope you have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. raspberry almond bars sound de-lish! love Mookie sticking out from under the bed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've been busy! Do you have new neighbors on both sides yet? I'll have to give those raspberry bars a try. And, if I can't cure Maeryn of the binky, I may need one of those Pacifinders. :)

    ReplyDelete