Wednesday, October 1, 2008

It Is H.O.T.

H.
O.
T.

Seriously. I am miserable. It is currently (7:00 pm) 88°F in Mookie's bedroom, and 84° outside. Having the windows open isn't helping right now because the air? It isn't moving. At all.  It is sunny, and clear during the day, and we are getting NO moving air off the water.  It is perfectly clear at night, and we are getting NO moving air.

What good is the Pacific Ocean being a mile from your house if you get NO moving air off of it? Huh?

Poor Mookie is napping in her diaper. And we've had a heck of a time getting her to sleep because (again) she associates being swaddled with sleeping, but if I swaddle her, she's now too hot to sleep. Yet another swaddling conundrum. Some parents have a hard time weaning their child of pacifiers? I think I might have a hard time weaning her of swaddling. But, of course, there are worse things, right?

Last night, when it was 87° at 7:30 at night (Mookie's bedtime), I opened the garage door, took her to the car, and turned it on with the air conditioning on at a comfortable temperature. I figured if she was comfy, she might sleep. I was willing to sit in the car for hours (not running it, of course) just so she could sleep in peace and comfort. But she wasn't having it. After 45 minutes of running the car, and she still wasn't having it, so we went back inside. Into the hot house. With hot bedrooms. (BTW, I've got a hybrid, so it wasn't like I had a Ford Expedition and was running the a/c!)

We spent some time in the library today. And I was gonna go again this afternoon, but she fell asleep (in the blazing hot bedroom), and so I let her sleep. Now it's too late because it's almost her bedtime, and by the time we got to said library, it would be time to turn around and come home! :o)

I wonder what it's supposed to be like tomorrow. Oh, great. More. Yay.

Those you out there all excited about autumn, and feeling a chill in the air whilst you are stargazing at night...I have one thing to say to you...can I come over? And bring my half-naked baby? I'll bring the Yahtzee.

Dear Mother Nature,
Could you please double-check your to-do list from last week? I think you might have missed something. It seems that you forgot about southern California when you flipped the switch for "autumn."  Thanks, we appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Kendall spent a large part of the day yesterday in just her diaper. We went to run errands yesterday, and I just wanted to drive around for hours and hours in the car with the a/c. But I didn't. Thankfully, it's a little cooler today. So far.

    ReplyDelete