
Should I have made the clues harder? Or eliminated a few? Maybe it's because I'm not a huge Price Is Right fan that the clues were hard to come up with...who knows...
But, Megan won!
...sorta...
See, I wasn't in the audience on Tuesday, I was merely picking up tickets to possibly have the chance to maybe be a part of the audience next Monday, when it's The Price Is Right Million Dollar Spectacular Primetime Special. (Why such a long name, CBS?)
The drive wasn't that bad since I waited till after the morning traffic, and the CBS studios weren't that hard to find, really (Thanks, GPS, bok bok!). I played the "I'm really pregnant and just want to pick up tickets, can I please park in the staff parking lot?" (smiling uncomfortably as I rubbed my belly) The nice parking lot guard said I could park near the wall, so I did. And I walked towards the big building with the big CBS and the eye on it. And then I walked around the big building with the big CBS and the eye on it.
The following went through my head: "Hmph. I am not finding a ticket booth, and it appears that the gift shop is closed. I didn't come all this way to fail now!" So I called the ticket booth phone number, and Emily, the helpful Ticketeer directed me to the small white building, in the parking lot, across from the gate guard, next to a wall. Yup. Same wall. The tickets were available for the picking up a mere 20 feet from where I'd parked my car. Gotta love missing the obvious! It humbles a person. :o)
So, I got 4 tickets for the 1:00 taping, and 4 tickets for the 4:00 taping, which guarantee us nothing, really. Except for the chance to get a priority number, which then gets us a chance to fill out a contestant card, which then gets us a chance to be interviewed, which then gets us a chance to go into The Price Is Right studios, which then gets us a chance to be named to "Come On Down!!", which then gets us a chance to win over a million dollars in cash and prizes! Whew! So many chances!!
Here I am holding 4 tickets:

(so sorry the picture quality stinks...my car isn't the best photographer)
This all started when I told Dave's cousin (in-law), Anne (who lives in Michigan) (and is married to Dave's cousin, Bert who came to visit us in England) that she could come visit anytime and we'd do crazy Hollywierd stuff together. So Sunday night, I got an email from her saying she and her aunt wanted to try to be on The Price Is Right. And then Monday, she learned that next Monday and Tuesday's shows will be the million dollar shows, and she was pretty stoked about going to that show in particular. Her husband will be out of town, but she convinced Grandma to take care of the kids and Anne and her aunt are flying west, young man.
They are planning on getting in on Sunday, resting a bit, then heading up to start standing (?sleeping?) in line for the "priority number" giveaway at 7:00 on Monday morning. I told her I can't be a part of that crazy malarkie, nosirree! If we can figure out a way that I don't have to do all the waiting and standing and leaning and standing and waiting some more, then I'm in! I'm ready to waddle down those stairs, Drew, for shore! Dave is totally bummed because that's something he would have fun with...plus, Anne is the kind of person that makes digging ditches fun, you know? But, Dave has to work. Work. Ugh. Gets in the way of life, sometimes, doesn't it? Poor Dave.
Anyways, Anne said that she's already getting her t-shirt made for it. I had to ask her to explain that one. Back when I was watching it (like 30 years ago), people wore regular clothes. Apparently, now, if you have sporty, eye-catching phrases on your t-shirt, you are more likely to be called down. I won't tell you, yet, what Anne's shirt is going to say. I will say, however, that it is a teensy, weensy bit suggestive. I figure for me, the bump will be enough...but Anne thinks we need to have something more interesting than dribble from breakfast on my shirt. :o)
Anyways, Megan was the first to guess that we're going to be in the audience (maybe?) (depending on how I feel?) of The Price Is Right.
And maybe, someday, I'll get to take Dave for a random gameshow day. When work doesn't get in the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment