This was taken at the beach party this weekend. I did not "take the bump out" and display it in a bathing suit, thankyouverymuch. Although we did see a gorgeous, and very pregnant, lady who did take her bump out. I spent most of the day in the shade of the umbrella (not doing much for the tan, eh?) but the temps were HIGH (in the low 90s), and I didn't want to cook and look like a lobster! Dave has some lobster-like splotches on his legs, poor guy. He splashed around in the water a bit -- said it was c-c-c-cold (therefore, refreshing). T'was a nice day.
And here are the latest belly shots of me and The Yipper. 38" - another inch in 2 weeks...not bad! 34 weeks along is a major milestone. According to Babycenter, she's about the size of a canteloupe, and she's laying down layers of fat, and her nervous system and lungs are almost fully formed. The next big milestone is Week 37, when I'm considered "full term."I have noticed a funny thing, though. You can't see it in either of these photos, but my left side is rounder than my right! Only slightly, and I don't know that anyone else would notice it, but it's disconcerting because I like things to be symmetrical, and my bump is just not! Oh, the shame! :o)

And here's a side shot. I had to kinda Photoshop the top a bit...hope you don't mind. :o)

Yesterday in church I had a few people come up to me and say things like "Wow! You are really looking pregnant!" Hee hee. Who says that?! I'm sure they meant it as a compliment, but I just found it funny. And then there are the people that stop us and say "Oh, yes. We've heard about you two. I'm So-and-so. It's nice to meet you." One or two couples every week! We go to a big enough church that we don't know everyone yet, so I think it's funny that our reputation precedes us. It's probably just that we're the only pregnant family at church right now, and you know how church ladies are...babies are good gossip fodder, right? It just makes me feel bad that they all remember us from one week to the next, and I don't hardly recognize any of them! I just smile at them, then grip my belly and make a bee-line for the restrooms. :o)
Anyway, that's us! Hope you have a great week while I keep cooking this little girl!
I love the picture of you together. Thank you for posting.
ReplyDeleteMom
awesome photoshop work!
ReplyDeletethe beach already!! i'm so jealous. we're still in the 40s. boo.
ReplyDelete