Our life of "camping" in the house is going okay - we're managing fairly well, I think. We've figured out how to stay warm on our air mattress 6" off the ground (put plain rice in a sock and microwave (dry) for 2 minutes...it's about the bestest cheap bed warmer around! Gives new meaning to the term "bed sock". Oh, Uncle Ben, you're still my idol.) Our new bedside "tables" strangely resemble cardboard boxes. I can now wash all our dirty clothes in 2 loads (suwheet!)
But the rest of the days have been about Lasts. The last time I will drive up to the military base. The last time I'll hang out with my Girlie friends. The last time Dave will drive the Miata with the top down in England. The last time I will see my old work colleagues from CWR. The last time I will drive that route to CWR through Seale and Sands. The last time I will hang clothes on that line. The last time I will work at Oxfam. The honest-to-goodness last time I will see most of these people ever again. The last time I will drive the scooter. The last time I will use my beloved vacuum cleaner. The last time I will shut the door to this old house. The last time we will have a drink with the sweetest neighbors on the planet, Tony and Carmel. The last time I will have to squeegie those stupid shower doors so the limescaley water doesn't leave spots. :o) The last time I'll have to think about how many hours ahead we are if I want to make a phone call to family or friends. The last time Dave comes to bed at "stupid:30" because he's been working on his thesis all night. The last time the kitties rub their bellies bald coming down the stairs. The last time I'll walk Jet. The last time I'll watch Grey's Anatomy out of sync. The last time we'll drive down Vicarage Gate. The last time we'll have dinner and devos with DB and His Mrs. The last time we will consider Pizza Hut to be the best pizza in town. :o) The last time I'll hear sweet Millie bark and run up to me and give my excited-doggie kisses.
Dave is working hard to "get-er-done". This mistress he calls a PhD is soon to know the meaning of them fightin' words: "We are finished." (Ooh. Can't wait!) Unfortunately for both of us, it won't be soon enough. :o)
The cats seem to be coping well in the House of Echoes. Alley doesn't really care as long as there's a patch of sunshine or a free windowsill. Gypsy spends most of her time hiding under the couch slip-cover. Poor girl. I'm afraid that this is going to be a traumatic 2 months for the kitties, but, to their credit, they are pretty adaptive girls, and I'm sure they'll be fine.
And me? I'm tired. I think I'm going to tape Grey's Anatomy (the one after the one where Izzie and George...ya know), and go to sleep. It's been a long day of lasts.
Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure:

The Girlies at TGIFriday's

G'nite.

No comments:
Post a Comment