Friday, September 28, 2007

Forty-leven

Whew!

Holy Cow! I just realized that my nifty-swifty "Going Home" banner must have disappeared with my old blogger template! Gosh. Well, for all those (three) of you wondering, I leave tomorrow. Going on a jet plane. From this side of the planet to the other. Off to turn the page on a new chapter in our lives. Dave is still here reading the same old chapter for another month. :-( Poor guy.

I haven't been stressed, but I woke up today and I started thinking about all the stuff, and my stomach started churning, and then I started to forget some of the things that I'd already thought about, which made me even more stressed out!

I've defrosted the freezer, taken the cats to the vet for their final check-up, given some stuff to the neighbors, the dryer we've borrowed for 3 years has been taken away, I've boxed up all our leftover food (more than I expected!!) and cleaning supplies to give to some friends, mopped the area under the dryer that was icky, and got a 6-month registration for the car (which Dave will have to get reimbursed for later...but it expires on Sunday, so it has to be done!).

And NOW I've got to pack my suitcases, clean the garage, clean off one shelf and put it back in the living room, Oh, EAT, give away the living room furniture, finish putting together stuff for tonight (because we're having a little going-away at a pub in town), then get myself ready for tonight. All in the space of 4 hours.

I would LOVE a nap. Just heat up my Rice Dream (sock) and snuggle down and drift away to la-la land. But, come to think of it, I probably wouldn't be able to sleep because I'd be thinking about the forty-leven things I've got to do in the next 4 hours!

I don't know when I'll be back in Bloggie World, but I'll get back here when I get landed and semi-settled.

Take care!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Melissa
    hope you have arrived safely.
    Melaine
    xx

    ReplyDelete