The time has come to part with my beloved scoot-a-boot. :-( It has served me well these two years. I love my scooter.
I remember four or five years ago, Target was giving away a Vespa in each store, and my friend Angela and I went on a Target Pilgrimage filling out the little forms in all the Targets in Denver, Colorado Springs, and surrounds. I did not win that scooter, but I also did not give up on my dream to have a zoom-zoomy scooter.
When we moved into the house we are in now, I was able to justify buying a scooter because we lived close enough to town that I wouldn't have to go on any scary roads, and I could drive it to work if I wanted to, or to town when I went shopping (had to get creative with where to stash my purchases, though!), or when I just wanted to get out and feel the sun on my back and the wind on my face. (Okay, more like "sun in my eyes" and "wind through my shirt", but shh, don't tell!)
But now, we have to sell her because we are moving and can't take her with us. I am very sad for this day. I love her. I feel like I'm leaving my beloved Tinkles at the pound because I'm moving to a dog-free apartment.
I hope her new Mama and Papa treat her well, and keep her in a warm, safe, covered home. And feed her only the best food. And bathe her often. And take her out to get sunshine. And never ever let her sit out in the rain and get cold. She doesn't like cold. She likes to go for long drives in the country, and likes to run fast, too. And I hope they never let her fall and scrape her knees on the pavement.
By the way, if you live near me and know someone looking for a scooter, I can hook 'em up, yo! :o)
Okay, peace out.
No comments:
Post a Comment