Saturday, September 1, 2007

Scattered Smothered and Covered

Seriously. I've got hash browns for brains right now! Here's an example of a conversation I had in my head this morning as I was doing cleaning-related things.

Ick, I need to put some Drano in the bathtub. But you have to let it sit for 15 minutes then flush with hot water, so I guess I'll boil some water in the kettle, then bring it up after 15 minutes. So when I go downstairs to get the Drano, I'll take some clothes down to put in the wash. And I have to go through my handbags and figure out what to donate. Oh, wait. Let me put the clothes in the wash. (downstairs now, clothes are in washer). Ick, I think I'll wash these dishes now. I think maybe I'll go ahead and keep one saucepan and one skillet after the movers come. Well, and I might as well go ahead and ship back our dishes. They're not that bad, and it will give me time to find a new set that I really like. (these were cheap and low-quality). But I still like my blue glasses, so I guess I'll try to stick to something that will complement them. Maybe Ikea will have something. I'm glad there's one so close! But I guess I'll have to keep 2 plates and 2 bowls back after the movers come (because we'll be in the house 2 weeks after they take all our stuff) I wonder what food to keep back. Well, I can always give whatever is leftover away. Hmm...I better get on the ball and figure out a way to sell all the electronic equipment we've got that we're not taking back (the UK has a different voltage, so electronics are not compatible) What have I got to sell? One toaster, two crock-pots, two blenders. What did I need to get from the cabinet? Not the toaster. Not the crock-pot. What am I going to cook for dinner? I suppose I could make chicken. I'll have to remember to get some out of the freezer. Wait, what else did I have to get out of the freezer? Was it the freezer? Or the pantry? No, it was the cupboard. (still washing dishes). I really hate the counter tops in this house. I better wash the cat's water bowl before I empty the soapy water. I love bubbles. (dishes now done, sink empty) Okay, before I forget, I better check the cupboard to see what it was that I wanted from there. OH! The kettle! I've got to put Drano in the bathtub!

No kidding. And it happened again later! I'm such a scatter-brain!

At least I remembered to take the chicken out of the freezer!

No comments:

Post a Comment