Friday, December 25, 2009

'Fess Up Fridays - Week 5

Here we are, our final Friday of 2009! (Wow, I had to think about that before I typed it! Can you believe it?!)

You will all be relieved to know that I finished Mookie's pajamas. Yes, it was the morning of Christmas Eve, but I finished them! :o) Yay me!

I don't have a good front-view picture of her wearing the pjs, but here are a couple so you can see that I made them. I. Made. Them. It might be another 5 years before I actually make another piece of clothing for her, but I. Made. Them.

If you were to say "Melissa, what will you remember most about 2009?" (Because it's been a pretty big year all around). I will probably say that I remember making Mookie's Christmas pjs.







And now that you are on your way to a sugar-coma because these pictures are just so doggone sweet...I have to admit that there was a failure in manufacturing. The top is like a kimono-top, and it crosses in front and ties under each arm.  After about 3 hours of wear, one of the ties in the front tore off, and I had to do a bit of creative tying to keep the top on! It's an easy fix, and I will definitely fix it when we get home.

I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas Day!  Blessings to all!

2 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm so happy for you. Really adorable pix. Totally worth the effort. I think the actual doing isn't nearly as hard to overcome as the thinking about doing.
    And you'll be happy to know I also finished my project on Xmas eve morning. I hand stitched the stocking with some pretty embroidery thread the night before and agonized over the arrangement of the paua shell pieces for a while and then carefully wrote out his name in coordinating blue/silver glitter on the cuff. It looks great and he really enjoyed reaching in there and getting his goodies. More so than opening the presents strangely enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job! they look awesome!! and merry belated christmas..

    ReplyDelete