So I got my fancy-pants pattern last Friday afternoon, and once Mookie was in bed and the house was quiet and the kitties were fed, I pulled out the instructions. I must admit, though, that I was (and still am) hesitant to make any marks on the pattern or instructions! I hate to destroy beautiful things. Or instructional things. :o) So, I tried to make notes in a conservative manner. Especially if I want to (and can?) use this pattern again some day.
First, I looked at the measurements. I'm thinking that I'm going to have to make the pjs a size 12-18 months in girth, and 2T in length because Mookie is such a Long Tall Sally! At least I think I can modify the pattern that way??
Second, I would like to publically praise the makers of this oliver+s pattern for the way the instructions are written. Last summer (and the past summer, ahem) when I was making the little outfit for Mookie from the Simplicity pattern, the instructions were NOT written for a novice. Ahhh-Tall. These, however, are practically written for a kindergartner! :o) Yay me! Plus, their blog has a few tutorials that might come in handy, too. These folks are good!
Next, I scanned the rest of the instructions, and folded them up and put them away. Enough intimidation for one day! Plus, really, the next step was to lay the fabric and the pattern pieces out on an open stretch of land and commence to cutting. And I needed to create that open stretch of land. By clearing off the dining room table. Which would happen later.
Later kinda never happened. Here it is, Thursday night, and the same stuff is still on top of the dining room table. With nary a scrap of fabric in sight. (shame on me!) I did, however, cut the pattern pieces out of the paper. That is one step I had to do, and I did it. :o) There's just SO much going on! And SO much stuff to do that doesn't involve pink Christmas flannel. But, frankly, that is precisely why I wanted to start "'Fess Up Fridays!" I knew if at least one person was expecting me to post about what I'd gotten done, I might actually get something done! And, no, I didn't get much done, but at least I feel guilty about what I didn't get done. And guilt goes a long way around here! :o)
Honestly, though. Looking at the instructions gives me hope and confidence that once I sit down in front of my sewing machine, I will be able to complete the project before Christmas. Really. It's a one-scissor pattern. And there are no buttons. Or ruffles. Or lining like that other outfit had!
So, how are you holiday crafts shaping up? Got anything to 'fess up to? :o)
Yes, I need to confess! I haven't started on my kids' Christmas PJ's yet. Yikes!
ReplyDeleteThat's not a confession, Ula!! You're an actual professional -- it'll take you about 8 minutes to make their pjs! :o)
ReplyDelete