Saturday (can't believe it was already 2 weeks ago! gosh!) we chilled (if you can actually chill in 103° weather). Mookie and I got up, had our respective breakfasts, and went back to sleep. :o) Well, she went back to sleep, I made some phone calls and relaxed. She woke up again at about 11:00, and we suited up in our bikinis, and slathered up with sunscreen, and headed out to occupy some space in the shade. My aunt and uncle were out there already, my brother and his girlfriend were on their way, and Mom and Dale had gone home to get their bathing suits and were on their way back.
Mookie and I "swam" a little more like we did the day before, and then we got back up on our deck chairs for a rest. Rob and Tracy got there and told me about a water slide at the pool that went from one level of the pool to another (yes, this place had 3 levels of pools, all interconnecting, all very awesome). And since it's been about 25 years since I've been on a water slide, I was very tempted. But, being the responsible mother I am, I said "No, I have to stay here with Mookie. You go off and have fun." (felt like an unwed teenage mother, I did) My aunt and uncle said they'd take care of Mookie while I went and played with my brother, so off we trotted. I have no pictures of the water slide, but MAN, was it fun! Serious fun. If you have the chance to go down a water slide, take it! You'll feel 30 years younger! (and the next day you'll feel 30 years older...ugh)
While I was playing with Rob and Tracy, my aunt and uncle were taking pictures of my little lovely.
Here's Barb and Mookie together. Such a beautiful pair.
Phil held her for a while, and the series of pictures is funny, to me. I imagine some kind of conversation going on...or at least one of Mookie's famous monologues. What she's actually trying to say, I don't know!
"Well, I don't know about you, but I think it's beautiful here by the pool. Hot as blazes, but it's nice enough in the shade, or in the water."
"Me? I think I'll be voting for Mickey Mouse for president. He seems to be fairly bi-partisan, and want what is best for the people. Plus, he's all about making people happy, so how can we go wrong?"
"Oh, I think Minnie Mouse would make a good first lady. She is a good hostess and makes everyone feel welcome. I hope to be like her one day."
"What do you think of my Speedy Gonzales hat? I think it's pretty funny."
"Want me to sing something to you? Let's see. On top of Spagheeeettti, all covered with cheeeeese. I lost my poor meeeeeeatball when somebody sneezed. Shall I keep going?"
Mama loving her water baby.
And this, maybe my favorite of the day (maybe!) is a sweet, sleeping baby. Tuckered out after a hard day of swimming and singing and just being cute. She slept on my chest for over an hour.
And that, my friends, is the last of the photos from the wedding weekend. If you haven't noticed, we had a fabulous time. I wish all weekends could be like that!
I hope you have a weekend as fun and fabulous as ours was. :o)








we're voting for Mickey Mouse as well... good choice!
ReplyDeleteack, you guys are sickingly sweet! you both look lovely and so glad you had fun!
ReplyDelete