Friday, January 11, 2008

Pickity Pickity Pick Pick Pick


I'm going to reveal something about my character to you. Open and honest with Bloggie World, here. Something that might surprise some of you. (most of you probably won't even care!)

Here goes: I am not a good eater. I never have been. I'm one that "eats to live" vs those that "live to eat."

Don't worry...I don't have any eating disorders, I don't have body image issues, I don't think I need to lose any weight. I yam whateye yam. And I've felt this way as long as I can remember.

I also have long-standing memories of being a seriously, award-winning picky eater. I'm sure my mom can attest to this. Like, I wasn't the kid who would only eat hot dogs and Jeno's Pizza Rolls - I like a variety (sorta) of food. And I prefer to eat healthy food to the alternative. In fact, before being pregnant, if I had to eat out more than 3 times in a row, I would actually get sick.

While pregnancy has changed a few of my eating habits, the pickiness is one thing that has not changed. I'm probably pickier now than ever before, if that's even possible!

I don't even especially like to cook. I know for some it is therapy, but for me, it is a means to an end. Poor Dave. He loves food. Thankfully for me, though, he's not a picky eater and will eat just about whatever I make for him - even if we had it just last week. :o) And I'm not especially brave in the kitchen. My brother got all the cooking genes when he was born, and there were just none left when I came along!

I'm telling you all this because I think I'm going to need some help. All the mommy books say that I need to have a stockpile of food in the freezer for when we bring the baby home. And while I'm hoping that between the neighbors and the church, we'll have enough food to last till 2009...I need to have some "sure-fire winners" on hand just in case.

SO...Bloggie World. Can you share with me good, easy, freezable recipes that are fairly idiot-proof and don't require many brain cells to prepare? You can either email them to me (my email address is in my profile), or you can post a link to it in the comments section.

I'm asking now because I'll need the time to try out the recipe and see if I like it. :o) (The baby is due in late May) It's also quite possible that I will be so tired-n-hungry-n-tired-n-overwhelmed-n-otherwise-occupied-n-tired when I come home from the hospital that I will be willing to eat cardboard covered with salsa! :o)

Anyways, thanks for the inputs! I'm looking forward to giving it the old college try!

1 comment:

  1. wow you are WAYYY ahead of yourself! relax and enjoy pregnancy! i'm due in 4 weeks and do you think i've given one thought to cooking and freezing a lasagna? heck no way! eating lasagna on the other hand...... mmmmmm. it's a good thing my belly is up to my eyeballs now or else i'd eat everything in sight!

    ReplyDelete