Guesswhat.GuessWhat.GUESSWHAT!!!!
Yesterday (this is very exciting) (I realize that I live a pretty lame life).
So, yesterday, I was sitting in my doctor's office waiting for my appointment when the door opened, and a woman in a wheelchair came in. (that's not the exciting part, folks). She looked familiar to me, but I couldn't place her.
I thought - Have I seen her on TV? How?? Is she married to someone Dave works with? She looks familiar to me from when we lived in England, but how much of a co-inkidink would it be for me to see someone in my OB's office from England? No. I don't think I knew her well enough to recognize her from when we would go to the big base up north. Hmm...dunno. I'll go back to my magazine now.
Then a man (waiting for a different doctor) (duh), said "Oh, The House, right? That was SO COOL!" (I love being back in the US of A where people just randomly talk to you...or famous people).
So that made me remember that yes, not only did I remember her from TV, but I also remembered her from England...because that's where I saw her on TV! She's the one from this show. Which is totally cool because I love that show! Always have. Always will.
I mean, this is about as close to a semi-famous person I've ever been! (Well, that is, if you don't count the time in 1994 that my mom and I met Sammy Kershaw in the parking lot of our Motel 6 when his bus broke down or something.)
But she's WAY cooler, no? Like, she's a real person who got famous inadvertently. And she goes to MY doctor! How cool is that?
And the man came back out about 10 minutes later and started asking her a bunch of questions about what it was like to have them build you a new house in a week, and if they built it to her liking or if she had to just suffer with [snootchy] decorator stuff, and if she was really as surprised to see her house as they showed on TV, and about a thousand other questions. :o) Poor girl! But then the receptionist said "I bet you get that a lot, don't you?" And she said "Yeah, but it's okay because we've been so blessed by it all that it's worth it."
Aw. So sweet.
(by the way, the rest of my doctor's visit was wholeheartedly uneventful compared to this. I mean, yes, we've still got a whoosh-whoosh-whoosh heartbeat, and I've gained some weight...but kinda anti-climactic comparatively!)
No comments:
Post a Comment