Sunday, December 30, 2007

Top 10 at 19 (weeks)

19 Weeks along. Halfway there. I'm about halfway through my "best" trimester, and am just now starting to feel human again! So much for "it will all end at 12 weeks." Yeah. WhatEVer!

As you will see from the pictures below, I haven't quite "popped" yet...but I sure feel it! But for a little Halfway Humor, I wanted to enlighten you on 10 things I have found interesting, or funny, or enjoyable, (or embarrassing) these last 19 weeks...

1. The first thing I noticed were the colossal burps! In general, I try to not pass gas, but I'd rather have to burp than, well, the alternative. Honestly, though. I've scared myself with these burps! Once I was driving, and it sounded like there was a lion roaring in the backseat...only I realized that it was me. Then another time I was in the shower, and maybe there were good acoustics, but I could swear there was a huge clap of thunder above!

2. Over Christmas, Dave's aunt said "I just realized. You're 4 months along, and not only do you not look pregnant, you look like I look when I have gas" Like I said, one of these days I'll pop. I'm well into maternity bottoms, but not yet needing the tops. One day.

3. For the first time in, oh, 15 years (?) I have the privilege of buying bigger bras. Yay Me! :o)

4. I have a strong aversion to chocolate and sweets...which is really strange for me! I haven't had any true cravings, just anti-cravings. In fact, it's usually Dave eating the pickles, not me. :o)

5. When we went for my first scan, as I got out of the car, I realized that I had forgotten to put on shoes! It was funny, but it was okay because at least I was wearing my house shoes! :o) I don't think anyone noticed.

6. It hasn't been "morning" as much as "night-time" sickness. I don't feel nauseous, it just comes on quickly, and almost always at night. Thankfully, never in public.

7. There have been many nights that I have woken up and found my (ahem) hands down my (sorry, Mom) pajama pants. I think it's to alleviate the pressure of the elastic band on my bump, but I still think it's funny. :o)

8. It has been SUCH a chore to buy maternity pants. Holy cow! I hope it gets easier, because I'm going to have these 3 pairs of pants worn out over the next 5 months if this is all I can find!

9. I think watching TV makes me sick. I know, TV makes lots of people sick these days. But I'm serious. I'm a lot more likely to lose my dinner on nights that I watch TV than on nights that I don't. Strange, huh?

10. I can't believe the amount of awful smells and wretched tastes of common things. I know all pregnant women talk about The Nose, I just think it's interesting what things have been most annoying to me. I mostly can't stand the smell of lotions and soaps and air fresheners. As for taste, sadly, I CAN'T stand the taste of water. Yes, water. It's made me puke. This makes it really difficult to drink 8-10 glasses a day...Crystal Light doesn't help, either. :-(

And for the visual learners out there, here are the latest shots from this morning. I have gained 2 inches at my belly button in the last 4 weeks, but haven't gained much weight...not that I haven't tried!

Belly Button


Below the belly button

Side shot

4 comments:

  1. What about heartburn? That means the baby will have a full head of hair and that is NOT just an old wives tale.

    Has Dave gained any sympathy weight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm with you on the water thing. it was so hard to drink it, but i knew i had to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, 35 inches is your AFTER pic? That's MY dream after pic, for sure...and I haven't even been pregnant! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woh! What a lovely tummy. I just cannot imagine you with an ounce of extra weight... despite all that grazing. Thanks for the Reece's. Whoooops!!!
    Missing you heaps :( but good to see some up-to-date pics of you and the yipper etc. Wonderful. xxx

    ReplyDelete