Monday, December 10, 2007

And so it begins...(16 weeks)

...my life in elastic waistbands.

I'm 16 weeks along today, and, um, can't really wear my jeans anymore. I still fit in them, but I can no longer sit in them. :o) I mean, gosh, who needs their jeans to button, right? I'm SO glad that fashionable t-shirts are longer now (for covering bellies and unbuttoned jeans). Long gone are the midriff tees - Hallelujah!

I will enter the world of maternity clothes soon, but until then, I plan to protest (while wearing some of Dave's sweatpants).

I have to laugh, though, when people who don't know me say something like "You're how far along? Gosh, you're not even showing!" And I think "Huh. You don't know what my belly looked like 16 weeks ago, so zip it!"

Here are the latest belly shots:

Size at belly button


Size at widest point


Side shot

4 comments:

  1. ok since you are always on Cheri's blog, i checked your's out... where are you in SoCal?? we're here too! we could be neighbors!
    don't buy maternity yet... get this handy thing called a bellaband or something similar... you can wear it for a few months... i'm actually still wearing mine because all my maternity shirts are starting to get a little short now since i'm growing growing growing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'd say somewhere around 18 weeks i started wearing maternity jeans. i was SO uncomfortable in my regular jeans that it was such a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only maternity jeans didn't look ABsolutely HidEEEEEous! Ewww! I've still got to try Gap and Old Navy to see if there are any attractive ones. That big U-shaped panel of navy blue stretcy fabric freaks me OUT! Googling bellaband now...

    And, jen, SoCal for me = SanPedro

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THE PICTURES!

    Just wait until the baby starts kicking in the middle of the night!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete