Whew! I had forgotten what 45kbps really feels like! It feels like chocolate chips melting over a tealight candle. It feels like "shaving" your legs with a pair of tweezers. It feels like making tea with no hot water. It feels good to be home, and back to wireless broadband.
All week I wondered if Kelly had her baby (She did. Go see!)
And how Megan was feeling after the discovery of a Peanut growing within (better, it sounds like)
And how Katie was adjusting to life with a newborn (very well, with additional hugs and kisses)
And how Mike was enjoying New Zealand (tremendously, of course!)
And what new creations Tink was making out of yummy fabric (have sewing machine, will travel...she's still on vacation, so we'll have to wait some more)
We had a fantabulous time in Northern Michigan. Although it didn't snow very much, I still got to put my big long "sleeping bag" coat to good use. It hovered around freezing most of the week.
We got to celebrate Grandma's 97th birthday. Yup. 97 years young. She's a spitfire if I've ever seen one! That woman is A-Mazing! She keeps up with the 4-year old, plays dominos with whoever wants to get wooped, and enjoys life more than most 35-year olds that I know!
And we celebrated Christmas in fine fashion. I have to say that I'm glad I'm into maternity pants now because, well, you know that critical point after everyone has gotten seconds where they sneakily unbutton their pants? Well, good thing for me, I don't need to unbutton anything...so I could just eat, and eat, and eat and my waistband would just grow and grow and grow! :o) Hee hee! I'm SO glad that both Thanksgiving and Christmas fall in the critical "must gain weight" period of my pregnancy! Yay Me! :o) Dave's family is just great. We both have such an incredible time with all of them. It was just one awesome thing after another! Dial-up internet connection aside, I would gladly have stayed for more.
And with that, I bid you all a nice, relaxing weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment