Just a few more days till we leave for Italy, and we've got a lot to do before we go! It's going to be a busy, laundry-filled, house-cleaning, bag-packing weekend. But we're both looking forward to, and needing, a vacation. It will be a busy one, from here to there to the next place, but that's life in the fast lane! :o)
Here's what I'm thankful for this week:
1. H&M: there's a new H&M in Guildford. It's fashion that I can buy! (well, most of it!) Like: (a) I can afford it, (b) they've got some cute things, and (c) their clothes actually fit me! And, bonus, Madonna is now designing for H&M, so if I really really wanted, I could buy something to wear that she designed! It's not Madonna's, but I bought a yummy wrap dress today...never mind that I had to try it on over my long johns...
2. Jobs Done: I've been working on a new scrapbook project, and got Stage 1 mailed off this week. I'll explain it more some other time, but the short version is this: Dave and I sponsor 2 kids in Ecuador through Compassion International, and rather than sending them random letters and pictures, I decided to send them scrapbook pages. Once I finish, I put the pages in plastic page protectors for safe-keeping. I got the first 2 pages (1 protector) done this week, and sent them off. I plan to send 2 pages a month. It's not a scrapbook in the sense that most of us think, but for them, it will be a wonderful thing, and by sending it page-by-page, it will pass through the Customs inspections, which a proper scrapbook would not. I've still got a lot of work to do, but it feels good that Stage 1 is on the way. (photos of one page below)
3. Nice People: Like Enriqué, for translating the English to Spanish for the Ecuador book.
4. Friday Night Lights: I know I've said it before, but we like this TV show. Dave really gets into it!
5. Fancy Plans: I've got a date set for a chance to wear the lovely dress I found in January. I've got a weekend planned with the Girlies in August. Now I just need to find the right pair of "peep-toes".
Well, have a good weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment