Here we are again, huh? At the end of this first full week in March, here are the things for which I am grateful:
~The Feel of Relaxing: I love my yoga pants. Am I wierd because I love my yoga pants? Are you wierd because you don't love your yoga pants? Hmmm?
~The Smell of Spring: I smelled it Wednesday. You just can't bottle that! It's just a lovely mix of fresh, and damp, and life, and green, and yellow, and pink, and new...all stirred up, it smells like spring!
~The Taste of Home: Taco Bell. Considering the Mexican food I have at my fingertips in Guildford (none!), Taco Bell is pretty good stuff! Not as good as Chipotle, no. Definitely not as good as Mission Bell. No way! Mmm...guacamole...ah...happy thoughts. Anyhoo...so today I am where there is a Taco Bell. I prefer Mission Bell's chalupas and guacamole, but since I'm 5000 miles away, I just have to close my eyes and pretend...
~The Sound of Freedom: Today we are where I have heard it. The rumble before the visual. Feeling the power, the awesome power of The Sound. And then every cell in your body, and every hair on your head is responding and expanding and getting excited and the adrenaline starts to rush, and the tears start to well. And you see the jet. Quickly. Very quickly. And you can't help but watch. And before you know it, you can't see it anymore. But you can still hear it, and feel it. Long after the visual is gone, you still hear it. The Sound of Freedom. There is nothing like it on Earth. In a simplistic way that's kinda what being a Christian is about -- resting in God's assurance even when we can't see it. Even when we don't deserve it. Believing His promises.
Freedom. Freedom to choose - right or wrong. Freedom to screw up and be loved unconditionally regardless of whether I've fixed it or not. Freedom to know beyond a shadow of a doubt where I will spend eternity...and it's not because I'm a good person...
We take it all for granted. I guess we are free to do that, too...
I love my yoga pants, too! So, no, you're not weird. Because if you were weird, that would mean I'm weird. And I am NOT weird. :)
ReplyDeleteI love your yoga pants, too. They're cute on u, like everything else! La u, D
ReplyDelete