Friday, March 27, 2009

Phun Photo Phriday

There are so many things I have wanted to blog about! I've been blogging in my head all week...but never seem to sit down at the computer long enough to transfer from brain to blog.

I could tell you about the time Mookie puked her dinner from hither to yon because she was tired, and got upset and started crying, and just plain spewed. Or the myriad tissues I've been attacking her with because she had a runny nose. Or the fact that I get to check off one of my 37 By 38 things because Dave's car is D.E.D. Dead, and now getting fixed. I could tell you about how unbelievably glorious the weather has been here lately. (Just dreamy). Or how I've been spending my Me time crafting and calligraph-ing Or how Mookie is standing up stronger and stronger every day (though not on her own, quite yet) and going up the stairs every chance she gets. There's just so much to tell!! :o)

Mookie is doing well -- getting more and more active (read: more and more into stuff) every day. She's just so darn cute. She doesn't really appreciate me spending time on the computer, though, so I try to honor that and not turn it on while she's awake. It's only right, and I don't really mind, it's just that when she is asleep, then I've got a million other things to do, and the computer seems to come last. Which is the way it should be, I know. I just feel like I'm letting you guys down. I know my blog has mostly become The All-About-Mookie Show, and you hope for pictures and stories and funnies...and they just keep not showing up. :o) Sorry.

But really, if you think about it, I'm sure you would agree with me that it is infinitely more important for me to interact with my child, and live in the moment with her than to sit on the sidelines and write about it like a sports commentator.

Here are some pictures to appease the masses. :o) But part of the problem of not blogging (or having the time to blog) is that there is just a plethora of photos to share! I'm sure you won't mind, though, right?

So, here is the requisite baby-in-the-dishwasher photo that everyone has to share. :o) She likes to help out by doing other domestic duties like taking everything off the bottom shelf of the refrigerator. And taking everything off the bottom shelf of the pantry. And taking everything out of the plastics cabinet. Such a joy to have around.
It's a bit dark, but can you see the matching flower on her li'l rumpus? The outfit is still too big on her, but she doesn't seem to mind. :o)

She makes all kinds of funny faces all day long. This next one was before her dinner, and dangit, she was ready for dinner! :o)


Put down that camera, Mama, and pick up that spoon! I'm HONGREE!!

Cute Snoot. :o) She likes it when I put a bit of water in this "cup" (really a bottle lid), and she drinks it by holding it between her teeth and tipping her head back. Needless to say, more ends up on her shirt than in her mouth. We've still got some drinking practice ahead of us.

Ah, yes. The spaghetti noodle. I'm thinking I should have showed her that scene from Lady and the Tramp where the two dogs are slurping the noodle. Her method? More like multiplication. I'd give her one piece, and find 7 pieces on the floor, or her high chair, or in her shirt. I don't think she actually ate very much of it. But I will say that she seemed to enjoy it. We've moved on to larger shaped pasta, thankyouverymuch.

Mama, I'm thirsty. Can I have a sip? Hmmm...what is it they say about kids modelling their parents' behavior? Poppycock.

Remember how I used to take pictures of Mookie every month on the 19th in honor of her birthday? And I sat her next to the pink bear her Great-Grandma R gave her so we could compare with old photos and see how big she is getting? Well, umm...this is what I have to contend with now. A squirmy worm who doesn't sit still for nothing!
And...

she's off.

And...I'm off, too.

We leave for England early Monday morning, and will be gone for a week, so I don't know if I'll be blogging, but I'll surely be taking pictures, and maybe have a few phunny ones to show you once we get back.

Time to pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment