Monday, March 16, 2009

37 x 38

37 by 38. Nope, it's not a measurement, it's a goal.

Last year on my birthday, I took some time to share My Life In Numbers with you. This year, I'm doing another number challenge...but more off-the-cuff, so I'm not sure what we'll get.

But here goes!

By the time I'm 38 years old, I would like to meet these 37 goals: (get it? 37 by 38?) And they're in no particular order.
  1. Listen better when other people are telling me their stories instead of thinking of my witty reply in my head.
  2. Run a race with someone fun. A 5K, a 10K, a half marathon...whatever. It's been 3 years since I ran a race...wait...it's been 3 years since I ran at all! Gosh.
  3. Write more. More letters. More blog posts. More stories. More journal entries. More.
  4. Finish Mookie's blue dress that her grandma and I started in June. Before she's too big to actually wear it. :o)
  5. Get Dave's car fixed. It works okay now, but there are things that need fixing, and it never seems to make it to the top of the priority list.
  6. Finish a scrapbook. Any scrapbook will do, thank you. I've got 4 (I think?) in various stages of completion.
  7. Organize our closet. Most people would look in there and think we just moved in. Except we just moved in 16 months ago! :o)
  8. Make Dave's lunch every day. I already try to do this, and get it done most days, but it's something that I think is important, and want to keep as a priority.
  9. Make dinner at least 5 out of the 7 days of the week. Again, I get pretty close to this most weeks, but would like to make it a bigger priority.
  10. Make a quilt. Maybe for a friend's baby, maybe for a lap, maybe for Dave.
  11. Do more charitable giving. And be more deliberate about it, too.
  12. Keep track of our charitable giving better than we did last year.
  13. Do more charitable doing because we are called to be doers of the Word, too, ya know.
  14. Recycle more. I do pretty good now, but know I could do better.
  15. Send more cards to the people I love.
  16. Plan an awesome promotion party for Dave...for whenever he gets promoted. :o)
  17. Sleep more. Which might involve going to bed earlier, I know.
  18. Upload my photos of Mookie to my Flickr! account. All gajillion and two of them!
  19. Take better pictures, or at least keep only the good ones. :o)
  20. Have a massage at Glenivy. I've had the gift certificate since Mookie was born, but haven't redeemed it yet. What is wrong with me? :o)
  21. Regularly deposit money into Mookie's savings account.
  22. Spend less money. At Target. At Joann's. At Ross. At the grocery store. Everywhere.
  23. Pull off a tremendous anniversary for Dave. It's the big One-Oh this year. :o)
  24. Make more of Mookie's food. I make some now, but know I can and should be making more (if not all) of it. It's not that hard, I've just been lazy, I think. Or blogging.
  25. Call people when I think of them and not only when I feel like I've got the time. Sometimes God puts someone on our hearts and minds to call because they need the call...not because I need to talk to them.
  26. Fully unpack from our trip to Colorado. Haha. Yes, it might take me a year to do this. I'm lazy. And slow. And blogging. :o)
  27. Fret less about the stuff that doesn't matter. Like unpacking from a trip. :o)
  28. Pray more. More deliberately. More expectantly. More boldly. More often.
  29. Take Mookie to the beach and relish the moment of her first steps in the ocean.
  30. Take more pictures of me and Mookie. With my friend, the self-timer. :o)
  31. Drink more water and less Coca-Cola. Right now I drink at least 1 liter of water, 1 can of Coke (or more if we eat out), and 1 glass of milk every day.
  32. Be less critical and judgemental. (Can you all hear Dave saying "Hallelujah!"?) :o)
  33. Write to our sponsored kids from Compassion International more. Like, at least once every two months. And start making scrapbook pages for them again.
  34. Hold my kitties more. They'll tell you they've been pretty neglected these last 10 months. :o)
  35. Organize the front room and make it into a play area for Mama and Baby. It will include a mini-office and a craft area for Mama, and lots of play space for Baby.
  36. Start making Christmas presents in June. Or July. :o)
  37. Revisit this list at least once a month and check things off!

Well, there's my list of goals to accomplish before this time next year! Wish me luck. :o)

And if you're feeling brave, come up with your own list of year-related goals, and let me know! I'd love to read them!

2 comments:

  1. I like those! And I like the idea of writing them down as goals, too. Nice job, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. inspired! i think i'll do this next month for my 31... 31x32. now i've got to think of 31 things to do over the year! gah!

    ReplyDelete