Happy Valentine's Day
I've had a blank "create blog post" screen up for a few days now, and can't really seem to think of anything to fill it with. Sorry.
I'll tell you, though, since I know you are hanging on pins and needles, that I have decided to KEEP the bag. I really appreciate everyone's comments, and I did take each one to heart. Thank you, seasoned moms, that told me that, as Mookie gets older, I will be carrying less stuff in a bag. Thank you, seasoned moms, that told me that I should take it back because if I'm not 100% satisfied with it now, I won't be in a week, a month, or a year. All too true, I know. But in the end, I decided to keep it because, well, at the end of the month when I look at the pennies in the bank account and then look around the house to see what it is that I traded
And I was in a bridal boutique because my best friend, Angela, is engaged, and we're shopping for the MoH dress. The wedding is in May, and I'm the only attendant, so that should make it easier, but I'm having a hard time with it. I love love LOVE a pretty dress (or three). And, yes, I'm back to my original size, so I can pull off quite a few styles. But do you think they would make the style I want in the color we want?? For less than $200?? No. Of course not. I'm cheap, I admit it. Some people are more loosey-goosey with their money. But remember my quandary about the PPB bag? And that was only $50 for something I will use every single day for who knows how long! But $200 for a dress that I will wear two, maybe three times? I KNOW it's a one-time, very special occasion, and I am very glad that Ang is getting married, and has asked me to be her Matron of Honor, so it's totally worth the cost. I know that. And maybe it's not as much about the cost as it is about the "market" of bridesmaids dresses. I left the store today very frustrated because I know the color we want, but don't think that a 2x5" swatch of fabric really represents what the entire dress will look like on me.
Yes, that apple tissue taffeta is a lovely color, but do you have a dress made in it that I could try on to see if it would look as lovely on me as it does on that little sample card? No?? Okay, well, then howsabout I try on a dress or three to see if one of these styles is flattering. What? They're all size 12, and you're going to use binder clips to cinch up the back? And that's supposed to be an accurate indication of how a properly fitting dress will look on me?? And you want me to order this randomly-fitting dress in this as-yet-unknown color from you, 1200 miiles away so that when it comes in, you can ship it to me? Um. No. Thank you for your time. You have a lovely day, now.
Sigh. It's discouraging. I just want a pretty dress...is that too much to ask? :o)
Maybe I spent all my shopping mojo on the PPB bag.

Maybe the dress will just take a little longer to find - maybe it won't fall into your arms with the same ease as the diaper bag? I wish you luck - when I was the only attendant in my sister's wedding it was still really hard to find a dress - maybe harder because of all the options out there...
ReplyDelete