or is it Apple Cinnamon Bundle Drizzle Blobs.
I don't know what they're called, but this is what they look like:
It's my turn to bring snack to my Mom's Group, again, and I wanted to use what I had on hand...but didn't have a recipe that met that criteria. So I improvised. I haven't tried them, yet, but I must admit my mouth is watering! :o)
They were pretty easy, but I would caution you to wait to clean your kitchen till after you make them. I have the distinct pleasure of cleaning my kitchen again. Bright.
To make them, I used my absolute favorite kitchen tool, the Pampered Chef Apple/Peeler/Corer/Slicer. If you don't have one, and you cook with apples, YOU NEED TO GET ONE!
Step 1: Open a 17.5 oz can of Grands Cinnamon Rolls, set icing aside and cut the rolls in half, to make 10 semi-circles.
Step 2: Peel/core/slice two Granny Smith apples, slice in half to make semi-circles.
Step 3: Take one cinnamon roll half and flatten it lengthwise by (sorta) unrolling it, then pressing it down with your fingertips.
Step 4: Place 3-4 apple slice halves in the middle of the cinnamon roll half, pull up the sides and mush together.
Step 5: Put apple half cinnamon roll halves upside down (a.k.a. seam-side down) in a deep pie dish. I used my Pampered Chef Deep Dish Baker.
Step 6: Bake at 375* for 18-20 minutes. Remove and benevolently distribute the icing.
Honestly. I'm not one to enjoy spending time in the kitchen, experimenting with foods...but this was EASY and fun. I hope they taste good!
It should also be noted that, in certain circles, I am affectionately known as The Benevolent Distributor of Icing. I wear that banner proudly, and I try to fulfill my benevolent distributing duties as often as possible. :o)
Hope you have a great, icing-filled day!

Man,those sound yummy to me!
ReplyDeleteyuuuum! i have been meaning to get a slicer/corer/peeler thingy for years now.... must invest as soon as i'm stateside
ReplyDelete