Tuesday, August 5, 2008

On The Go

Mookie and I are flying again. This time to Denver for a week. My grandparents are having their 60th Wedding Anniversary party. The anniversary was actually in January, but who wants to spend a Sunday afternoon in northern Colorado in a park in January?

Which. By the way. Who wants to spend a Sunday afternoon in northern Colorado in a park in August?! It is about 30 degrees Fahrenheit hotter in northern Colorado than in southern California. Yes, you read that right. Hotter in Colorado. Than California.

I'm sure she'll travel just as fabulously this time as she did when we flew to Birmingham a few weeks ago. This time we are going for longer, so we're taking more stuff. I've tried really hard to pare it down to get our stuff into one medium bag, but I keep thinking of more and more stuff I want to (or think I need to) take.

When I planned the trip, I felt like one week would be plenty of time. But now? I'm not so sure. I mean, I'm loading up the baby and all our stuff...and there are washing machines where we're going, so enough clothing is not a hindrance. Plus, a week isn't enough time to cart the baby around to everyone. To those of you who we won't be seeing - I'm sorry. I wish we could see you. I do. :-(

I guess we can just plan to go back sometime. And maybe stay longer.

And maybe it won't be 100 degrees next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment