Monday, November 5, 2007

Update (as promised)

Okay, I promised to update you on our arrival into "sunny" LA. I apologize for the delay - we've been a leeetle busy.

What with finding a great house (in base housing), and then finding out the next day that we couldn't have that house (bummer!), and then going down to the housing office 3 days in a row looking looking looking for another acceptable house...and then finding one that (maybe, probably, maybe) is better than the first! Yay!

The best part about the house is that there are no houses blocking our view of the O-Cean! We're not right on the water...in fact, we are about a mile from the water...but our view is line-o-sight to the ocean. Dave says the view is "primo." :o) We get the keys tomorrow morning, and our long-lost household goods will be delivered mid-morning. Then we will be swimming through a sea of cardboard boxes. Woo and hoo.

We've been furniture shopping a couple of places. Dave has been a Star Shopper...trying out how the recliners work, and trying to talk me into the cushiest sofas, making sure they were "nap-worthy," etc. We haven't decided on anything for sure, but we're closing in on some good-looking things. We need to get some final measurements of the living room to be sure, then we'll place our big, humongous order!

Dave retrieved his beloved, Miata, that he shipped from England in mid-September. It was the only sunny day we've had so far. He, of course, put the top down first thing, and then drove from the port to our hotel along the Pacific Coast Highway...slowly soaking up the rays and the sea-breeze all along the way. I think his smile was permanently affixed to his face for about 2 days! :o)

We know that we know 4 families in base housing already, which is nice. And there is a great possibility that we'll know even more! That's the cool thing about the AF...you never go somewhere you don't already know someone. :o) (Even on our remote tour to England we knew people!)

What else don't you know? I'll post pictures in a few days (once our phone/broadband/lifeline get set up in the house) so you can ooh and aah with us. :o) And for those of you that actually know me...I'll be sending an email with our contact details in a day or so.

So, if you don't hear from me in 10 days, send a search party...we've obviously been swallowed by the Box Monster! :o)

2 comments:

  1. Girl! I am usually the one with a schedule/hectic life that makes everyone moan! Just reading that wore me out... :-) So glad your back on our side of the pond. There is a chance I'll be in Pasadena next month getting ready for an event...I'll give you a call if I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, yay! Ooh, yay! Ooh, yay! That would be the mostest fantabulousest thing EVER!! Keeping my fingers crossed you'll be coming my way.

    ReplyDelete