But, I still haven't found the can opener. Dave found the spatula, which is nice...but no can opener. I know it's here somewhere! So, when fixing dinner last night, I needed a way to get into the green beans. What I found :o) was a pointy contraption thingy that I think is from when my dad was in basic training in the '60s! It mostly opened the can...but after about 10 minutes and only 3 inches around, I decided I needed heftier reinforcements, and went to the garage and found a pair of pliers.
:o) A photo of my ingenuity for your viewing pleasure - jagged edges and all:
The "pointy thing" belonged to Grandma Compher and yes, she did use it! Just thought you would want to know the history.
ReplyDeleteMom
dude, congrats on the baby thing! and the moving thing! and that weird pointy thing ;)
ReplyDeleteOh man, that picture brings back memories... I once opened a can of green beans with a screwdriver and after I had jabbed holes in it (mostly connected) around about a third of the can, I decided to use my hand to jam the lid inside so I could at least pour the beans out... well, I still have the scars on my right hand a good ten years later!
ReplyDelete