Sunday, November 11, 2007

6 Minutes

That's all I've got to update you. I promised Dave I'd try to be home by 6:00, and it's 5:54 now...thankfully the Starbucks is right around the corner from the house! And, well, there's always the caveat that "I tried!" right? :o)



We still don't have internet access in the house. Supposedly PhoneMonopoly&T is sending a technician out tomorrow. Not holding my breath...I feel really disconnected from the world! It's like an addiction, and I know you know what I mean, because you're all reading this, and you're all addicted too! But, the Starbucks is right around the corner (wish I'd thought about this days ago!).

We are still really loving the house. Loving that there is a garage door that opens at the touch of a button, and we can park 2 whole cars (and random crap) in it at the same time! Loving that with the flip of a switch, dinner's cast-offs can be ground up to a pulp and zipped away forever! LOVing that there are screens on the windows so I can open them and let fresh air in and not fear that fresh kitties will get out! Loving the dishwasher! Hoo-wee! Loving the pressure in the shower.

Not loving the 350 bajillion boxes that stop me from getting through my house, though! :o)

We now have a washer, but the dryer gets delivered next Saturday. So, in a moment of creative genius, I fashioned out my own clothesline this morning. We aren't supposed to have them in our yards, so I made one on my patio. I took our garden swing (with a canopy and poles on the top), and placed it about 6 feet from our "privacy fence" (which is a 6-ft tall, 6-ft wide fence blocking the neighbor's view of us), and zig-zagged some rope back and forth between the two! :o) Totally loving it! I hung out the sheets this morning at about 8:15...BUT...
when we were pulling out of the garage at 10:15 to go to church, I noticed some sprinkles on the windshield, so we had to run around real quick and take the sheets of the garden swing ropes. :o) Now the sheets are draped over doors. Drying. That's all that matters.

My time is more than over (took 10 minutes). Hope you are all well! And I'll be back with pictures when I have more time!

No comments:

Post a Comment