Maybe I've got Writer's Block. Who knows. All I know is that it's been over a week since I posted, and I'm sorry. I haven't really been busy. I've been reading what's going on in other people's bloggie worlds. I've even posted comments on a few sites where I like to lurk. I just haven't posted anything here. Sorry. I know I've got work to do here. I've got some more Greece pictures that I've been promising for weeks. And I've got to expound a little more on our balloon ride from last week. And I've got a good long rant in my head that I want to blog about...but none of that seems to be happening! Maybe it's like when I was in school and knew I had a bunch of homework or projects to do and I just wouldn't do them because the thought of all the combined work would just intimidate me into procrastination. Who knows. I guess that's one for the therapist, huh? :o)
I have been doing some crafts, though. I invited some friends over and we all painted. Mine's pretty boring because I was spending most of my time helping them, so I won't show you a boring picture of a boring painting.
I've also been working on a crochet project that I found the pattern for a few years ago. It's called a Wiggie, using the "fun-fur" or "eyelash" yarn to make a short-haired wig for radiation and chemotherapy patients. Weeeellllll, never one to get right on it, I've been holding the pattern. So this weekend I went out and got some of the eyelash yarns that actually sorta resemble hair (as opposed to stripes of pink, orange, and green!), and proceeded to crochet two wiggies. Here is the one with longer "hair":

And here's one with my best model, Alley. She's modelling the short "hair" version. Look how pleased she is.
(I used one skein of Sirdar Funky Fur in, um, Shade 0557. It's pretty. Really! I don't know why they didn't give it a good name!) (It looks like brunette with blonde highlights.)
That's a great picture of you! That would've been interesting as the opening picture, before the explanation :-)
ReplyDelete