Thursday, May 17, 2007

Random Ramblings and Stuff

This has sure been a quick week!

We had a big party last Saturday, and all my energies went into making sure people had enough food and drink and a place to sit (or stand, whatever!). It was a lot of fun, and it was actually in honor of James and Natalie, who are saying their good-byes to Guildford (photo deleted)

...so it was extra good for me because they did all the mingling and chatting, and I got to just do stuff! That's my favorite kind of party! :o) James had lots of surprises that day -- he got taken out of bed and whisked away to a gory game of paint-ball, and then about the time he got settled down, it was time to come over here for the party (about which he knew). (photo deleted)

He and Natalie charmed the masses, of course, and then at about 8:45, or so, and unsuspecting James was blinded with a filthy laundry bag, put into the back of the car and driven around in circles (literally!) for about 1/2 an hour...then brought back here for a surprising couple of hours of poker with the fellas. A couple of the ladies and I took Natalie away to chill out and chat and open a few lacey lingerie presents :o) She liked 'em! I'm sure James will, too! ;o)

It's been rainy, and ugly, and cccccccollllld here lately! Thankfully, the sun broke out for a few hours on Saturday for the party, but then it went away again. :( I am very tempted to break out the long johns again! Ew! Maybe next week...

I'm working on another couple of scrapbook pages for our two sponsored kids in Ecuador. This time it's Barcelona and France. Barcelona is done, France is very not done...and I have to mail it on Saturday! So I've got to get to gluing! I really do enjoy doing these pages. I know the kids really appreciate the little bit of effort I put into it, and it's a chance to share our lives with them.

All the kitties are doing well. Oh, but I have a new job from the Cinnamon Trust...his name is Jet, he's a 4-year old toy poodle, and his mama is Mrs Hitchcock, who is 89 years young, and just needs someone to walk Jet a couple of times a week. Jet doesn't really like walking, yet. He's used to being a lazy-bones, but I'm going to keep walking him till he likes it, dangit! Here's a photo from today. He's not very cooperative with the camera, but aren't the poppies pretty? :o)(photo deleted)

The Cinnamon Trust really is a cool thing. Has anyone heard of anything like it in America? Their motto is "helping the elderly and their pets" and they facilitate elderly people being able to keep their pets with them as long as possible. Great, huh? People walk dogs, or take pets to the vet, or foster them when the owner is in the hospital or taken to a permanent care facility. Seriously, if you know of anything like it over yonder, I want to know!

And, finally, my kitties gave me a new goofy camera this week, but I haven't had any film developed yet. I promise to post some photos when I get some, but it's an "oktomat", and basically, the little camera has 8 little lenses, and when you push the shutter down, over a period of 2 seconds, it takes 8 sequential shots! And all 8 are printed on the same photo! Cool, huh? I can't find very many good photos on the web to share with you, but here's a link to one of a guy named Pedro: (click here) Otherwise, you'll just have to wait like patient bunnies to see the fruits of my new photo-labors!

That's about all I know for now. Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment