Thursday, May 3, 2007

Lovin' The Clean

So Wednesday was a super-crazy day. Up at 7, on the scooter at 8 to take it and drop it off to get the MOT (=emissions test) done, walked home, shredded old paperwork, took winterizing film off the windows, cleaned the kitchen, got a washing machine delivered and installed, went to an appointment, went to the grocery store, walked back to get the scooter, rode it home in 5:00 traffic, planted some flowers, convinced Dave to go out to dinner, then finally fizzled around 8:30 that night! :o) I don't often have days where I'm such a busy bug, but I love it when I am!
So, yes, I am the proud user of a new washing machine!! Love it!
It spins SOOOOO well that I don't have to dry the clothes for nearly as long as I used to! Woo and hoo!

Hey, but I learned something new about washing machines in the UK. I don't know if this is the case for new washing machines in the US. Here, new machines are all "cold-fill-only"...which means that the machine heats the water to whatever temperature the wash cycle needs. Fascinating, huh? Apparently this is better for the environment. I think that's great!

AND I get clean clothes, too!(photo deleted)

Also, this new machine has a digital display which (depressingly) tells me how much time is left on that load. Like, 2+ hours for a load of white clothes. Gah! It also tells me when the cycle is over! :o) Like the non-rotating drum isn't a signal! And, one cool feature of coffee-makers everywhere...it has a delay feature so I can put the clothes and detergent in, set the delay, and it will start the cycle later! Which is great because I always intend to start the wash when we're done with our showers, but I always forget...now it's not up to my brains! Finally!

Clean clothes to you, and a merry good-night!

No comments:

Post a Comment