Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Double Language Barrier Giggles

Had to share...
Today at the Oxfam (charity/thrift store), a non-English speaking lady came in with her toddler looking for videos. Another volunteer (Lucy) showed her all the children's videos and described them to her. But she only had £2, so she could only buy 2 movies (cuz they're 99p each). So she took Fantasia and The Jungle Book. Good choices, I must say!
About an hour later, after Lucy had gone, the lady came back for one more...
She told me (in her broken English) that she had exchanged some money and wanted to buy one more tape. She wanted the one about snow. White snow. And there are people in it. Men, she thinks. Little men. White snow. (she kept repeating that!)...I had NO clue! I was thinking White Fang wasn't the best movie for a 2-year-old, ya know? So I took her to the shelves of children's tapes, and she immediately pulled out...wait for it...

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

:o) hee hee!

Sadly, the lady did not understand why I was giggling to myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment