Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sprout is OUT!!

So, yeah. Everything went pretty quick yesterday. Aww, who am I kidding. It went like a ROCKET!! Man!

When last I blogged, I had progressed from 1 cm to 10 cm in about 3 hours. And two of those hours were spent progressing without proper medication numbing my lower extremities. THAT was not fun. Holy cow. May God bless that second anesthesiologist richly. Is all I have to say. :o)

My OB got there, and got all suited up about 10:30, we got Dave holding one leg, the nurse holding the other, and I commensed to pushing. I think it was harder this time, pushing the baby out, than it was with Mookie, but she came out quicker. With Mookie, I pushed through 4 contractions, and with Sprout, I only pushed through 3. It took about the same amount of time, but it was just a smidge different. :o) And...

Sprout was born at 10:48am, and weighed 6 pounds, 7 ounces, and was 19.5 inches long.

A few minutes after birth

The proud Papa

My friend Emily came to the hospital Monday night to take pictures.
This is MAGICAL!!

Sweet sister smooch

A family of four.

Sweet Cherub Cheeks
(awesome quilt made by Kelly)


Mommy and baby (and Papa) are doing fine. We all got a bit of sleep last night, which was luxurious. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for more of the same tonight.

But for now, I've got to go fight with Dave for some snuggle time. He is Mr Grabby Hands with her. It's almost as bad as trying to pry the remote out of his hands!

7 comments:

  1. You are all four absolutely DARLING. So glad you are feeling well enough to post so we can admire your little family of FOUR. Enjoy your babymoon! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sprout is precious!! The pictures are wonderful and I cannot wait to see more of them :-) Emily has an amazing eye for pictures! Congratulations to the entire family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's awesome, and what good pictures! Thanks for sharing so quickly -- now to arrange that trip to Cali...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are absolutely, positively the most fabulous famiily of four I have ever seen! We are so excited for you all. She is beautiful (just like the first one)! Can't wait to see you! We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yahoo! What a beautiful family! And what a grand adventure you are on! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Sprout is absolutely beautiful. I realized I hadn't seen you in a while so I figured I'd check in and see if she had arrived! So glad to hear all is going well.

    We are leaving in a month--would love to see you before then. Can we make you dinner sometime in June?

    ReplyDelete