Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Maybe I Should Just Teach Her To Lick The Spatula

I tried something new today.

Something wild and a little bit crazy.

I offered Mookie some peanut butter with her apples.

I know, I went way out on a limb there, didn't I? :o)

I know I'm very fortunate to have a total fruit lover for a child. I don't often have to tell her to eat her apple/cantelope/berries/pear/etc.

Until today. Mookie LOVED the "dip-dip" with her apples. In fact, after a few bites, she just skipped eating the apple altogether, and licked the peanut butter off the apple wedge directly.

look at those curls :o)

I'm not sure my couch was the best place to take this adventure...

just give me the spatula, Mommy!

yucky fingers, Mommy! 
(yucky everything, Baby!)

oh, the concentration...

dip-dip, lick, dip-dip, lick, more?

In the end, I am confident that most of the peanut butter got into her tummy (YAY!!), and a good bit got on her face and hands, and only a teeny smidge or two got onto the couch. 

Pretty successful snack-time, if you ask me!

1 comment:

  1. nummy!! although i try to eat mine with a little more grace and dignity. i didn't say i succeed.

    ReplyDelete