Monday, May 19, 2008

...And I Don't Mean Maybe!

Hey there. Baby is born. Quick data for now, more good stuff later.

Her name (da-dada-daaaaa...) is Mookie) (that's not her real name -- it's her nom de blogue). She weighs 6 pounds, 8 ounces, and is 20 inches long (tall and skinny, duh!)

She was born after about 10 or 15 minutes of pushing (I know, I know...but it wasn't really that glamorous of a labor, I promise!). I was induced at 6:30 am, got the epidural at 8:00 am, and at 11:30, was still only 1 cm. All was quiet until about 12:30 pm when I started to feel pain through the contractions. Dave called the nurse at about 12:45 because of the pain, and she checked me, and said that I was fully dilated, and the baby was "knocking at the door." So...I can't say for sure because most of my pain was masked by the epidural, but the real labor-type work seems to have been done in about 15 minutes, too.

I have 2nd degree tearing (think episiotomy), but 4th degree is the worst, so I didn't fare so badly.

She was quick to latch on, and has had a couple of snacks so far, but seems to want to sleep rather than eat (I think she gets that from me!)

The nurses have been AWESOME here today - I couldn't have asked for better.

What else have I forgotten? Oh, besides the photos! Hah! (these are not in any particular order)



After her bath:


35 minutes after being born:



28 minutes after birth:



Her vital statistics:




6 minutes after being born:



After her bath, and before her first diaper:


After her bath, getting warm again:




Snoozing this evening:


The Family, shortly after birth: :o)



Papa and Baby Mookie about half an hour after she was born:

So, there you have it! All the pictures you ever wanted to see, right? :o) (Yes, Grandparents, I know that the real number of pictures you ever wanted to see is equal to INFINITY!!!!!)

9 comments:

  1. Oh, she's beautiful! I'm so glad you were able to update... I was dying to know how things had gone. Can't wait to hear more -- I know you'll be tired and busy falling madly in love, so just update when you feel like it. Hugs and congrats on a job VERY well done, sweet Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Dave and Melissa and a big welcome to Baby Anna.

    What a beauty.
    With love and prays
    Dayle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I already emailed this to you...but CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

    I know you guys are so excited to have her finally here-- well, she's been with you but not on the OUTSIDE!

    a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! She is a cutie, I am impressed with the quick blog so soon afterwards!! You are such a cute little family!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to hold her. From a gramma's viewpoint, Anna is the most beautiful baby ever!
    Gramma Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. HURRAY! now you can join the "pushing for only 15 minutes club" with me!

    welcome to the outside world Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful baby! Congrats
    from the Williams' side of Missy's
    family in Colorado.

    Love from Cyndi & Sam,Lance & Jolie
    Uhrick (and 3 girls), Leslie & Rob
    (and 1 of each). Uncle Keith and
    Aunt Jean Williams.

    I'll let Don Williams (our mailman) see Anna, too!

    Sorry Dave and family, she looks
    just like Missy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey y'all - I hope your first few days are going as smoothly as possible with baby Anna! Just checking in to say I'm thinking about you. And hungering for information. But you know, no pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey congratulations! you both are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete