Wednesday, March 12, 2008

WFMW - Cable Labels





(hosted by Rocks In My Dryer)



So I've never been quite organized enough to do a Works For Me Wednesday post...but I've wanted to share a little trick with you for a while.


Between Dave and me, we have lots of little black (or white, or grey) cables running around homeless in our house. This one came with the radio, that one came with the phone charger (for a phone that broke 2 years ago), the other one is for the digital camera, etc. Do you have homeless cables, too?

I also know that when I've got my desk put together, I've got a black cable for the monitor, for the computer, for the scanner, for the speakers, for the printer, for the lamp, and so on. But if I ever have to unplug one of them, it's a might-bit tricky knowing the right one to unplug. I said to myself "Self, I sure wish these cables came with labels."

So a couple of years ago, I started to label the black cords with a white-out pen. That worked. Pretty well. For a few months. Then it seemed to wear off, and I was back where I started from.

Then, a few years ago, my good friends over at Sanford pens introduced Silver Sharpies. Woohoo! Not that I needed another Sharpie, mind you. I'm pretty sure I own more Sharpies than some small countries. But...this one has an additional feature that I love! It writes on black cables!

Now I write on the cable what it's purpose in life is! This has come in handy more than twice, lemme tell ya.

Try it! Give your nameless, and confused cables a label!

Happy "Works For Me Wednesday"!

3 comments:

  1. Perfect idea. Thanks!

    You can find my tip at:

    Laane on the World

    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I should do that. Just the other day I was trying to reset my wireless router and I realized I'd taken out the plug for the router and the plug for the modem and I wasn't completely sure which was which.

    ReplyDelete