Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Quirky Bird

Still Starving for Sunshine (poor girl!) has pointed her cyber finger at me to reveal to you some quirks about myself. I admit I'm quirky. I'm about to tell you 6 quirks you might probably didn't know about me. Hmm...what will pique your interest? Let's see here...
  1. I like (or dislike) foods based mostly on their texture...and not so much the flavor. Which is a real challenge now being pregnant and having the most sensitive tastebuds on the planet.
  2. I can't stand the sound of a ticking clock. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Drives me berzerkus!
  3. I don't like reality TV. I did like Season 5 of Dancing With The Stars, and if you consider Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, but that's it.
  4. I only like to wash my face in the shower - never at the sink. And the quirky part is that I don't like to wash my face at the sink because I don't like the feeling of water running down my arms.
  5. I love the smell of good, clean dirt. Yes, dirt. Earth. Topsoil. There's just something fresh about good, clean dirt.
  6. I am afraid of heights. Mostly if I can see through the floor. Like if it's mesh. Like at the Eiffel Tower. And I don't like walking up stairs that don't have the vertical part...I don't like to see through.
I know I have more quirks, but can't think of any. Here's one about one fat cat of mine...Alley likes corn -- on the cob. At first I thought it was just the butter, but she actually tries to bite the kernels off. Strange kitty.

I can't think of anyone to tag, though. (It's late. I'm tired.) If you want to play along and reveal things to us you never would have, then go for it! :o)

3 comments:

  1. I had a cat named Popper who loved dried apricots, raisins and baby marshmallows. He was so cute chewing them, too! I miss that lil kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to agree with quirk number 4. I hate that trickle of water going up your arm and once it starts it just gets worse, and even worse if it gets your pushed up sleeve wet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK... quirks.

    I love luke warm to cool coffee. The kind of coffee that sits for, well, sometimes HOURS in my coffee cup. Most people think this is just hideous. I love it.

    I can also speak for my daughters...

    Audrey and Jane share some identical DNA that makes each of them terrified of gum wrappers. They have been known to avoid restaurants if they saw a random gum wrapper. They are adult women and still make me cross a street if a gum wrapper has been littered. Ah... good times.

    Sharon - Pinks & Blues

    ReplyDelete