Saturday, January 7, 2012

Gorgeous and Gorgeous ~ with words this time. :)


The weather was GORGEOUS on Thursday. Ridiculously gorgeous.

So after I picked Mookie up from preschool, we went to Subway and grabbed some sandwiches and went to the park for a picnic and some fun play time.

Sprout LOVES to swing. Holy cow, that girl loves to swing. And, sadly, she wants her big sister to swing, too, but Mookie won't. Mookie is, for some VERY strange reason, scared to swing. But every time I put Sprout on the swings, she points to the other one and says "Nini wing! Peas? Nini wing?"...which is her way of asking her sister, begging her sister to swing. And her sister continues to break her heart and mine.

Anyway, once she gets to swinging, Sprout giggles and laughs and smiles and throws her head back and her hands out and just. has. fun. She's just as happy swinging by herself as she is sitting on my lap swinging (which Mookie will do, she just WON'T swing by herself. Even in the baby swing. I wish I knew why.)

She loves to play at the park, but she always wants to swing. One thing I miss about where we lived in California was that we had a park on our street, about 7 houses up, so we could go every day if we wanted to! And, believe me, Mookie wanted to!! Sprout was too small to enjoy that park much, but Mookie sure did! It didn't have swings, but whenever we went to a park with swings, she was happy to swing...so I'm not quite sure what happened. :-/  She also loved to go down the slide. Big or small - loved it! Now? It takes a small miracle to get her to go down the smallest slide.  It's the darnedest thing. I know I need to get them out to the park more often, but it's just not the same. And it's sure-as-heck not as easy as it was! And the weather? A lot less cooperative. :)

It's cold and snowing now, but at least we had Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. kendall has always loved to swing. cami loves to swing more. the higher, the better. she's recently gone from a baby swing to a big girl swing, which is way earlier than we would ever think to let kendall do it, but cami has to be just like big sis. HOWEVER, kendall used to be scared to slide. now she loves it. cami was never scared to slide. now she's terrified. who knows what goes on through those little heads of theirs. :)

    ReplyDelete