Saturday, September 11, 2010

Dear Sprout - Month Four

Dear Sprout,
It really seems like yesterday that I was live-blogging your birth. Maybe it's the lack of sleep messing with my head, but I just can't believe you're 4 months old!! Healthy and happy. I can't ask for much more. Well, maybe you could sleep a little longer at night? I think that's a fair request. :-)

What's new? (well, besides everything since this is the first letter I've written you!) Let's see...you have giggled and rolled over in the last month, and, just like your sister, you have refused to repeat yourself on both counts. You are SO much stronger, and more curious and more alert and more AWARE of your surroundings. We went to the monthly Modern Quilt Guild meeting this week, (I always take you) and you were wide awake and paying attention the whole time! You particularly enjoyed the lovel alphabet quilt you saw. Everyone in the guild loves and adores you. That could be because you are lovely and adorable, but so are they. :-) We'll sure miss them.


Tonight was our monthly neighborhood potluck, and I had you in the Moby, like I usually do. When we first got there, you were craning your neck trying to see everyone and everything. :-). I was thinking it might be time to turn you around, but then you conked out and I was glad you were in proper snuggling position. :-)

Your favorite place to sleep is still on me, but you're getting better at sleeping in actual beds, too. The 5-8am slot is non-negotiable, though. It doesn't matter when you were last fed, this is just "our time." You fuss, you chirrup, you squawk. And then I pick you up, settle down on my tummy, and you go right to sleep. Out. Like a light. You can be mad as a hornet, but the instant you realize you're on my tummy, all is right in the world. Well, until your sister wakes up and destroys our special time. :-)


But, boy howdy does your big sister love you. And you seem equally enamored by her. :-) My two peas in a pod.

When I actually rub my two remaining brain cells together to think and ponder and process these last 4 months, I get a little bit sad. I feel like I'm treating you like a second child and not treating you like the unique and wonderful blessing that you are, and I'm sorry for that. I'm so sorry for that. I want you to know and feel beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are cherished and adored and that I love you more than I ever thought possible. I pray that you never doubt or question my love for you. And I pray that God will help me show my love for you every single day of your life. I want you to feel my love, your papa's love, and God's love every day.

My sweet little Sprouting, are a blessing. To me, to your papa, to your sister, to your grandparents, to our church, to the members of LAMQG :-)...to everyone.

I can't wait to see what new stuff happens this next month (or four, the way I'm going!).

I love you forever and ever and always,
~Mama.

P.S. Because you're going to spend your whole life being compared to your sister, I'll just start now. :o)

Here's a picture of the two of you at 4 months. :o) I love this.


And here's a picture of her wearing the same cow suit when she was about 3 months old. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment