
Now, it isn't a perfect comparison because I wasn't in the exactly exact same position, but here's a combo shot of me pregnant at 37 weeks with Mookie, and me this morning, 37 weeks pregnant with Sprout. Even though I look more pokey-outey now, I'm actually the same circumference this time as I was then.
Everyone asks if I'm "ready." That's a loaded question!
What am I ready for? Am I ready to have a newborn in my hands? No, not yet. I'll love it when it happens, but my head isn't ready for that. Am I ready to dress and swaddle a newborn? Mostly/sorta/kinda, I've done some laundry. I've still got quite a lot of Mookie's newborn clothes to wash and put out for Sprout, but that will come.
What I AM ready for is to be DONE with this stupid fibroid! Man, it's making my life miserable! I think, were it not for this alien living on my uterus, I would have a pretty good last two trimesters of pregnancy. (The first trimester STUNK!)
Here's another picture I took a couple of weeks ago (sorry for the glare and bad picture, but you get the idea!). Now, just so you know, the fibroid is not always like this. A lot of the time, it lies quietly right under my belly button. But more often than I would like, it juts out. Sometimes over here, sometimes over there, sometimes down low...keeps us guessing. :o) It gets especially busy and out there in the afternoons and at night when I'm trying to sleep. Which is lovely.
I have an ultrasound today, and then an appointment with my OB tomorrow...so we should know soon if we'll be inducing early like we did with Mookie.
I'll let you know! But until then, I hope you have a great week! It's naptime here, and I've got a date with my pillow...
Okay, I'm assuming that's the fibroid, right? Whether it's baby trying to break free or the fibroid - I can only imagine how crazy that feels and how much you are ready to be done!
ReplyDeleteLove the orange and black quilt you did - awesome. Have as many wonderful naps as you can and I hope we hear the good news of baby soon!
Yeah, Katy...that big protrusion is the fibroid (I just changed the text above the picture because I realized it was vague). I wonder what it would be like if that was the actual baby! Through the placenta and uterus and all! Crazy! :o)
ReplyDeleteOh. The quilt. Sigh. Has totally taken a backseat to this baby. :-( It's not far from done, it's just going to have to wait.