Friday, November 27, 2009

'Fess Up Fridays

I'm going to start a new tradition over here, and I'm calling it "'Fess Up Fridays" wherein I 'fess up to you (Do I need that little apostrophe before 'fess? Is it like till? Help! I hate to offend the apostrophiles out there!)...

....wherein I 'fess  fess  confess to you, my bloggie accountability partners, how I'm doing on a certain Christmas project.

I've got 4 Fridays (five, if you include Christmas Day, which I might just have to do...) left before I have to be done with this dream I've been cooking up since last Christmas!

See, last Christmas I had my eye on a pair of festive Christmas pajamas at Target, but I didn't want to pay full price for them (a whopping $25), and I was never able to catch them on sale. :-(  Woe is me, right?  I did, however, score big time during the after-Christmas sales when Target put their Christmas stuff on deep clearance! I found said pjs on their website for $8.24. SCORE!!  So, as I was buying up one pair for me, I had a wild hair of an idea, and decided to buy a second pair. For Mookie.  Except since they didn't have her size, or any toddler sizes, in this fabric, I decided to go about matching Mama/Baby jammies a little different way.
A little teaser



I got mad sewing-up skillz, I do. And if you follow my blog much, you'll know that it takes me a sweet  forever to complete a "simple" sewing project. A simple clothing project, I should say. Something about reading those patterns in that foreign language (seamstressian) give me the heebie-jeebies and scares me away.  (Has anyone else noticed that the title given for someone who sews includes the word stress in it?? A coincidence? I think not.)

And yet...that one wild hair convinced me that I had a year, A WHOLE YEAR to fashion up a pair of matching Mama/Baby jammies so Mookie and I could look alike on Christmas morn. (Note: I'm not a match-my-husband, or match-my-children kind of person, so this is idea is really out of my ordinary).

So, anyway, in this past 11 months, I have moved the box housing the two sets of pjs from the garage to the dining room, and then, about 3 months later, moved the pjs to a pile with other fabric on the bookshelf. Oh, and I thought about looking for a toddler pajama pattern a few times, too. So, yup. I've been busy, slaving away on this here project of mine! :o)

And then, about a week ago, I decided it's time to fish or cut bait, as they say. So, fish, I did. Fished for a cute, easy toddler pajama pattern.  And I believe I have found one that might just fit both criteria. It's by oliver+s, and it has one scissor icon (out of four) on the cover, so I'm thinking that means "for the pattern-petrified".

However, I've got only a few short weeks in order to do turn a grown-up's pjs into toddler pjs. Now, most people could probably whip this up in an afternoon, but not me.

And that's where you come in!  I'm hoping that I've created some anticipation for you, my faithful readers, and that anticipation will make me feel guilty enough to actually complete this little project of mine! :o)  I'm not expecting you to call me up and ask me how it's coming, I'm just planning on writing about my progress each Friday. Thus, 'Fess Up Fridays will be a regular occurrance here. Play along on your own blog, if you wish! You can NOT convince me that I'm the only one with some crazy Christmas projects underway!! :o)

So, now, to the 'fessing up part... What have I done so far?
  1.  I have ordered (though not received) the pattern.
  2.  I have deconstructed the size 3XL pjs that I bought for this project.
  3.  I have washed and ironed the pieces in preparation for receipt of the pattern.
  4.  I have told all of you about it so maybe I'll actually get it done and wrapped in time for Mookie and Mama to wear on Christmas Day.



And, so, hopefully, by next Friday, I'll have some more news to report to you on my little project here. 

I hope you have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. ohh this accountability thing is way too commital for me, but you my dear will do wonderfully. you can get them done, no worries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh, so exciting! But you are brave! I never post about "in progress" projects cause they take me so long! But I am sure you can do it!

    ReplyDelete