Friday, September 25, 2009

Happy Anniversibirthdarerry!!

Or maybe it should be Happy Biranniversethday!!




It needs to have a long name, whatever it is, because I need it to spread long and wide and thick, like a big slab of frosting over a LARGE Happy Annibirthdaversary cake.

Because there's alot of them floating around and one blog post just may have to cover them all.  Sorry loved ones.

Today, Friday, September 25, 2009 marks the 10th anniversary of the day that Dave and I got married on that plantation in Georgia. It was a beautiful day. The weather was perfect in every way after a week of rain and gloom. My dress fit, you could hear the music, we didn't stumble over our vows. The guests all made friends with each other and had a great time. There was plenty of food and drink and dancing.  All good. Except my maid of honor was icky sick that day. And the horse drawing the carriage had terrible gas. And then we ran off and spent our secret honeymoon in Ecuador. It was tremendously exhilerating having a secret as huge as where we were going on our honeymoon. And even more so because even I did not know where we were going. A grand total of five people knew where we were going, and not a one of them was gonna spill the beans. Oh, how it chapped some hides, let me tell you. People wanted to know!! Felt they had a right to know. Having that secret was huge. And fun. And empowering. And private. And perfect.

So, Happy Anniversary Honey, from over here to over there. I love you.


(our neighbor watched Mookie so we could go to The Melting Pot for dinner before Dave left)
(notice the strategic use of stretchy, large print fabric on my dress...)
(so as to cover up the large-marge sized belly I would have before the end of the night)


Aaaannnddd...this day also marks the anniversary of the day my sweet dad was born to my sweet grandma. (Yes, we got married on my dad's birthday). I love you, Dad! I wish Mookie and I could be there to celebrate with you. I hope you eat some good food, and dance your silly dance to some fun music, and just have a grand olde time. You deserve it.



I'll dance silly with you, Grandpa!

AAAAAAaannnnnddddd...tomorrow, Saturday, marks the anniversary of the day that Dave's mom was born! She's a good loving mother, a caring mother-in-law, and a spoiling grandma. :o)  We all love you and hope YOU get to be a bit spoiled on your birthday!


Make sure you tell Grandma Happy Birthday, Mama!



And because we can't celebrate a Happy Bannirthdaversary without a video, here you go! Man, how I wish I coulda gotten just a few more seconds of her be-ducked self! But there's still time, yet.


1 comment: